MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: New Henry Single Shots

Boolit Master

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...tion-shotguns/

A series of single-shot center-fire rifles include initial offerings with a blued steel receiver or a hardened brass receiver, in calibers .44 Mag., .45-70, .223, .243, and .308 with a 22” round blued steel barrel. The receivers are drilled and tapped for optional scope use and the semi-buckhorn rear sight and brass bead front sight. The models use a familiar locking lever on top of the frame, behind the external hammer spur to break open for loading and unloading, wihch can be pivoted left or right from its center position to unlock. The action has no external manual safety; it uses a rebounding hammer that can’t touch the firing pin unless the trigger is deliberately pulled, and an interlock system that doesn’t allow the barrel to open if the hammer is cocked, or the barrel to close if the hammer’s cocked while it’s open. MSRP for all of the steel models is $427; the hardened brass versions are chambered in .44 Mag. and .45-70 Gov't and share an MSRP of $549.

Banned
    would love a 38-55

Boolit Master

I'm in for a 38-55 or 375 win
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Kinda' surprised they skipped over offering it in .357. Wonder what the twist rate the 44 Mag barrel
    will be.
    The insulated state in which nature has placed the American continent should so far avail it that no spark of war kindled in the other quarters of the globe should be wafted across the wide oceans which separate us from them." -- Thomas Jefferson

Banned

Maybe .38-55, or .348 Winchester? I'd like to see it chambered in a few of the classic, rimmed cartridges. If a smaller frame is made, a .22 Hornet, .218 Bee, .25-20, .32-20 maybe?

Boolit Bub
    I want one in 22lr!

Boolit Master

I'm a thinking ---muzzle loader---
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Grand Master
    I hate to break the news....but marketing a gun to the wants/needs of the cast bullet crowd would be a stupid move. They need to establish initial sales volume with calibers most people want. As that happens, look to see other calibers added. Sending them caliber requests can help but it will take a while.

BTW, ask your LGS if they would ever order a new production rifle in .218 Bee, .25/20, .348, .38/55 etc etc. Then look at the reaction you get.

Don Verna

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    I hate to break the news....but marketing a gun to the wants/needs of the cast bullet crowd would be a stupid move. They need to establish initial sales volume with calibers most people want. As that happens, look to see other calibers added. Sending them caliber requests can help but it will take a while.

BTW, ask your LGS if they would ever order a new production rifle in .218 Bee, .25/20, .348, .38/55 etc etc. Then look at the reaction you get.

Don Verna
    Hopefully this will be a good and popular enough platform to get a third party interested in making custom barrels.

Perma-Banned A.K.A Castmast
    Many of the wishes expressed here are already covered by other Mfgs models. Companies look for a niche`, not a duplication of another's products.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by txkeeter View Post
    saw the msrp at 427.00
    If MSRP is $427.00 the selling price will be more like $350.00 to $375.00 and if made to the same Henry quality and good looking wood worth it in my opinion
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Looks good to me! I will probably get one in 44 mag .

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I can see a .44 in my future! .30 WCF or .38-55/.375 would be sweet too. Something about a basic single shot launching a big hunk of lead from a rimmed cartridge just calls to me.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

I shot Henry an e-mail today and asked a couple questions. Here's what they said:

1. Barrels will not be interchangable
    2. The 44 Mag will have a 38" twist
    3. The trigger guards are steel

It looks like it will be a very nice rifle at a reasonable cost. I will probably get a 44 mag myself.

Boolit Grand Master
    At a market price of under $400 they should sell quite a few. The .223 would make a nice light varmint rig if it has the accuracy. I think the .45/70 will hurt.

Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I shot Henry an e-mail today and asked a couple questions. Here's what they said:

1. Barrels will not be interchangable
    2. The 44 Mag will have a 38" twist
    3. The trigger guards are steel

It looks like it will be a very nice rifle at a reasonable cost. I will probably get a 44 mag myself.
    Swing and a miss on the 44's twist. You would think they could have learned from Marlins mistake

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    How big a boolit will 1:38 stabilize? I would just be looking to launch a plain base ~250 grainer around 1300 fps. I've even got some fresh range brass to get started!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

Definately would be a good one to send to JES and have rebored to 38/55, 375 win, or 358 win.

By the way I sent an email to Henry the other day stating that if they would make the 44 mags and 45 colts in a faster twist say 1-20" they would sell a lot of them. I told him they could offer them as say a hunter model.
    He seemed very receptive to the idea and told me he was going to send the info to his design team.
    Ill keep my guns money and freedom you keep the CHANGE!!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    How big a boolit will 1:38 stabilize? I would just be looking to launch a plain base ~250 grainer around 1300 fps. I've even got some fresh range brass to get started!
    You won't have any problems with that load/twist. Most complaints come from shooters using the 300+ grain boolits/bullets. I got excellent accuracy from my 1-38 Marlin using 270's at 1,700+. A faster twist would have no downside I can see, I hope they rethink their choice of 1-38.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dubber123 View Post
    Swing and a miss on the 44's twist. You would think they could have learned from Marlins mistake
    I laughed out loud when I saw the twist rate. I don't have any 44s but am aware if this issue. You'd think the manufacturers would be by now.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast