MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Henry Single Shots

Boolit Buddy
    I'll be down for one in .357 mag and .44 mag if they are reasonably priced. Interchangeable barrels would be nice but I won't hold my breath on that one. I like the looks better than a contender carbine already and that is about the only break open single shot option out there with any caliber choices

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    .38-55 and/or .375 WCF would be sweet!
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    How much does the darned thing weigh? I have no need for any 8 pound single-shot rifles, but would be very interested in a 5-6 lb. rifle for under $500.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hc18flyer View Post
    Today I sent an email to Anthony Imperato thru the Henry Rifle website, expressing my interest in the new single shots. I stated that in addition to 223, 243,308, and 45-70, we cast bulletshooters would love to see 35 Rem and/or 358 win. Over the course of the day I received 2 replies, saying they would consider it. I hope others will express interest and just maybe they will offer a 35 call? Thanks, hc18flyer
    Thanks for the info.

I was hoping they would offer a .357 Mag but it does not look like that is happening....at least initially. My quest is to find an accurate rifle that will shoot .38/.357 without flinging brass all over the place. I want to be able to mount a scope as well.

Don Verna

I sent my email to him today concerning the .358 winchester.

I'd be happy with any 35 caliber with the exception of the whelen. I'd be happy to void the warranty on my barrel with a simple reamer job and take a 357 mag or 35 rem to .358 winchester. I've done both already on a H&R and a CVA and it's a simple thing to do.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    How much does the darned thing weigh? I have no need for any 8 pound single-shot rifles, but would be very interested in a 5-6 lb. rifle for under $500.
    It looks like a nice fairly dainty rifle. I bet it's a lot lighter than a handi.

Boolit Master
    Why do they go to the trouble to make a nice looking rifle, from the utube, then insist on the garish receiver/barrel junction?

Looking forward to eyeing one and make a decision from there. I'd like to see increased caliber options myself.

I really don't see why to start with 3006, 270. I think 308, 243, 357, 44mag would be better. Although, I'd much rather 45 Colt over 44 mag.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Boolit Grand Master

I watched the above linked video then saw another video on the Henry "Long Ranger" lever action rifle. I had not heard of these but look good and available in high pressure cartridges like the 308 Win. Has a rotating bolt.
    Glad to see some new innovations hitting the market from a good firm like Henry.

Boolit Master

I am looking forward to the new single shots. I expect them to be well made and without plastic parts. Henry dumped plastic parts from their center fire line sometime ago. I predict the MRSP to be about $650 with a Bud's price of about $500. I would like one in a pistol cartridge. 41 magnum would be nice.

Boolit Master
    I'd rather see a falling block single shot with your choice of takedown barrels , with an offset rimfire barrel option.
    Not that I have anything against the break action single shots, and in fact they may be quicker and easier to reload.

Two sizes of falling block actions with lightweight rifles for the rimfire, pistol calibers and light centerfire rifle calibers to use for small to medium game and a heavier action for the more powerful cartridges and longer range target work. It was a good system a century or more in the past and remains a good idea.
    I've already come up with an improved method of attaching the barrels , both to make the lock up stronger and very consistent from one barrel to another without wear to the receiver, which I figure I'll keep under my hat for now.

Boolit Master
    Has anyone seen any still photos of this gun yet? I'd like to be able to look it over a bit, and had no luck finding any photos. Thanks.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dubber123 View Post
    Has anyone seen any still photos of this gun yet? I'd like to be able to look it over a bit, and had no luck finding any photos. Thanks.

Boolit Master

Boolit Master
    Thanks, it looks better than many of the recently available single shots. I guess I will have to wait and see what cals are available and the price.

Boolit Bub

Boolit Mold
    saw the msrp at 427.00

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by txkeeter View Post
    saw the msrp at 427.00
    Good news, any chance they listed available calibers?

Boolit Grand Master
    Love that style, but $427 is steep for me.

Boolit Master
    If the walnut is decent, and if they make it in .22 Hornet, I'd be in.

Boolit Bub
    I'm with you Marlin39a, a .22 Hornet would be a nice addition.
    "That's bold talk for a one eyed fat man" Lucky Ned Pepper

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast