MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has Anyone Heard About Arsonal Molds ??

Boolit Buddy

Has Anyone Heard About Arsonal Molds ??

I don't know why we don't hear about Arsonal Molds on the site. I ordered a mold for my .25-20 about a month ago.
    What a shooter !! I was so happy with it I ordered a mold for my .32-40. I did have a small problem with that mold, but let me tell you.....Jared's customer service is second to none!! Had the problem solved in 2 days. Now that's customer service. That mold also shoots great. Will be ordering another soon. The price is right....the quality is great....the molds use inexpensive Lee handles. What more could you ask for? Jared is a great guy to work with.
    If you need a mold be sure to visit his website.

Boolit Grand Master

I'm assuming you mean Arsenal Molds? If so I will not do business w/ them. I will continue to support Al at NOE.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I'm assuming you mean Arsenal Molds? If so I will not do business w/ them.
    Why? Bad experiences?
    --------
    SISU

Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    Why? Bad experiences?
    My question also...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy

I have 3 of there molds. Had a issue with one they took care of it quickly and at no cost to me. They could use some better venting on top. Had to adjust sprue plate and find a sweet spot. For the price hard to beat. They even will cut to a size you want at no extra cost or remove the lube groove.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    Why? Bad experiences?
    No, it's because of how they came about. Al has spoken about it publicly. Their name comes up every so often. Most people have good things to say about them. My choice not to buy from them is an ethical one.

Boolit Buddy
    I have one, I've had very good luck with it. It's a good mold, drops good boolits, at a good price. I've been happy. I didn't know of how they came about, I'll have to look into this...

Anybody have a link to save us all some google time?

DRB #2276 President's Hundred 2021

Boolit Buddy
    I think butch means this link http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Arsenal-molds

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    NOE gets my money. I'm not going to support piracy of a fellows way of making a living. Go with the original, go with NOE.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Grand Master
    As I understand it, Arsenal was originally a sub-contractor for Al Nelson, who runs NOE. They got a big order from some other business and cut him off, so he went into business for himself, buying expensive CDC Machines and doing his own work. When they finished the big project, Arsenal found they had some left over molds and began marketing them under the Arsenal name, in competition with Al. Now they are making new molds from his designs. By all reports, Arsenal molds are first quality aluminum molds. I am a happy NOE customer and have not purchased any Arsenal products, because Al has done right by me for years and I want to see him prosper.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

I work for a production company that has been on both ends of this scenario...both being paid to do the work, or paying someone else to do the work.

If company #1 approaches company #2, gives designs to company #2, and "pays" company #2 to begin production on an item that #2 does not make...then after a time, #2 begins production of the item in direct competition against #1...then #2 is slimy. Is it legal?...yes. Is it slimy?...yes.

However...if company #2 had made this item prior to producing it for #1, there's no reason that #2 can't continue making said item.

My question to Arsenal...did ya'll make bullet mounds before making them for AL at NOE?...or did y'all start making them just to cut "the little guy" out of the equation.

Because if y'all didn't, then y'all are some slimy SOB's. Period.
    If y'all made moulds prior to making them for AL, then good luck on your business...

-Butch

Boolit Buddy
    All these comments about piracy... is it somehow different when NOE or any other company copies a Lyman design? I'm all for supporting the custom shops, but don't kid yourself about your motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by 1845greyhounds View Post
    All these comments about piracy... is it somehow different when NOE or any other company copies a Lyman design? I'm all for supporting the custom shops, but don't kid yourself about your motivations.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeNelson View Post
    Interesting - I sub contracted to them for some time but it didn't work out as a long term thing.
    Could never get the volume I needed to make a living.

The way it all went down I think this is kind of a kick in the seat of the pants.
    Let alone they had full access to all my drawings - not cool at all.

We are not associated with them in any way and are requesting that they don't use
    our name as a reference in any way shape or form.

Bullet maker, maker
    Swede Nelson
    I'll get mine from Swede
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1845greyhounds View Post
    There's a difference between taking an existing or out of production mold and reproducing (usually improving) the boolits profile in a makers own mold blocks and blatantly ripping off a complete product... I mean come on, how similar is a NOE mold to a Lyman? Now put an Arsenal beside an NOE mold. He could have at least made them his own in more than just the name cut into the sides.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    True, Sawzall. I do like my Lyman molds, but there is a big difference. With NOE, you get a bigger variety of cavity options, gas checks or plain base, meplat sizes, band widths, number of lube grooves (if any), hollow points, and don't forget.... NOE's (and other customs) will cast to size without having to use Lyman #2 at precisely the same temp that Lyman used. They are definitely not selling the exact same product.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    As I understand it, Arsenal was originally a sub-contractor for Al Nelson, who runs NOE. They got a big order from some other business and cut him off, so he went into business for himself, buying expensive CDC Machines and doing his own work. When they finished the big project, Arsenal found they had some left over molds and began marketing them under the Arsenal name, in competition with Al. Now they are making new molds from his designs. By all reports, Arsenal molds are first quality aluminum molds. I am a happy NOE customer and have not purchased any Arsenal products, because Al has done right by me for years and I want to see him prosper.
    That is the story I heard, I had already ordered NOE products at the time. I saw no reason to branch out, there are very few molds I still need at this point so I don't worry about the price/
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

I see no reason to buy from someone else what I can get from NOE.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
    In the land of the disarmed, the one armed man is king.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast