Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: Attachment links...replacing photos....link doesn't work...FIX?

Attachment links...replacing photos....link doesn't work...FIX?

Casting Hollow Points...Best Pic's...Your Success Tips...? ...Lyman 452423 HP...single cavity...new to me..."Any suggestions?"

In both of these threads I have photos that were replaced by links...links with a number, [Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator]
    I've sent a couple messages to a Moderator first then tried the administrator link above...neither have responded.

Does anyone else have or ever had this same problem...what did you do to cause it or to fix it...?

charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Grand Master
    For the past several years I've never been able to open one of those links ? ?

Some threads reflect a lot of work having taken pictures while loading/testing then writing your post and uploading...it's a shame to see them ruined by this attachment thing...so far no answers...not even from the administrator..."Oh well..."

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Some threads reflect a lot of work having taken pictures while loading/testing then writing your post and uploading...it's a shame to see them ruined by this attachment thing...so far no answers...not even from the administrator..."Oh well..."
    It happens when you go back and edit a post with pictures added via the website tools. The most reliable way is to host the pictures on another site and just add the html link to your poat. Not sure why it happens but Ive had it happen a few times.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Derek, I haven't edited any of the pictures and don't use the websites to load pictures...they come off my Mac right out of my editor and photo app.
    Recently I've seen them do a flip in cyberspace and post upside down. I thought I'd out-fox the problem and turn those over and re-post...they still come out upside down...I've ask questions but no answers yet.

It sorta takes my enthusiasm away for creating an interesting post like the HP work I've been doing.

That might be part of the problem. They have to "exist" out on the internet somewhere so everyone else can get them. The usual way is to put them on some sort of server and then use a link. The server could be something like photobucket or dropbox or even uploading to the forum itself as a attachment. But if you delete that attachment later all the links to it stop working.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

If thats true, then I've been assuming too much...the manager of attachments where we store pic's on this forum has them and you have to watch how many you keep in there too...as in limited space. I thought they were there for convenience of use and then re-stored in each thread they were used in just like the text...

It's hard to be a dinosaur in this dang digital world!

They are not "stored" in the thread they remain in the attachment "bucket" and a link to the photo is placed in the thread.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Ok...that makes sense...so, if you clean out your attachments here on the forum...you shoot yourself in the foot! Right?

Bingo!

Good old digital media...there's always a caveat.

Cast Boolits Owner

Sorry I am late to this thread.

The server is set up to host forums. Storage space is limited and the software is not optimal for managing photos. Members are allocated a small amount of photo storage space on our server but those resources are limited. Because of this we recommend utilizing one of the many free photo storage site. You will find they offer far superior photo editing and storage options for your attachments. Most find it is pretty easy to link any attachments to a post here.

Robert
    Last edited by No_1; 08-01-2017 at 07:07 PM.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

No.1, if I put them in photo bucket and then clean out my castboolits storage area...they still work by linking to photo bucket...right?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    No.1, if I put them in photo bucket and then clean out my castboolits storage area...they still work by linking to photo bucket...right?
    That is correct, they would be stored in photobucket.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

I find dropbox is pretty convenient. It has a feature of a public photo folder. put your picture in there and right click and copy public link. Easier than having to upload to some software/server if you are not as familiar with it.

Thank you both Derek and Boolit...

Cast Boolits Owner

Yes, it will work by being linked.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -