Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oldest dog passed away yesterday

Boolit Master

Oldest dog passed away yesterday

She fell ill on my birthday the 10th and passed yesterday in her yard at noon. Vet thinks she had a tumor rupture and she bled out. I am full of guilt, as I brought her inside that night and she was already dying and i didnt know, I just kept working or and doing my thing. I would check on her and pet her but I had no idea, I feel so bad. I am in no way to pay for surgery, and would not submit her to surgery either she was 13. The vet said there was nothing that could be done anyway.

I think of all the days I didnt do anything, or did not give her attention and I want that time back. I miss her. I have her son who is 12 and her two grandkids who are both 2.

My girlfriend, who I live with is out of town, it was tough. I just wanted to let it out I have not talked to many friends since.

Boolit Master

I just lost (2) of my family, the last two we had, one month apart. I and my wife are not sure we'll ever get over the loss, so I completely understand your feelings. Both of our "family members" were Poms and very old; one 16 and the other 17. I do some custom woodworking and built each of them their final "bed". Constructed of solid Black Walnut and very simple in design, I know they are sleeping in the comfort they earned and deserved. I will eventually get over the feelings of guilt about not doing everything I could have to of prolonged their time here, but it's hard.
    You have my condolences.

Boolit Master
    thank you, sorry for your loss as well

Perma-Banned

Sorry to hear this...it is tough.

We have five dogs, I'm sure to give each as much attention as I can everyday and spoil them rotten every chance I get. The oldest is a sweet Border Collie, around 14yo. and the youngest, 7. I view every moment spent with them as a moment closer to God.

Your pain and sorrow will fade with the decades...that's about as good as it gets for us animal lovers...they give us unconditional love.
    I've had to put down so many that each time someone post here I have a flood of memories and pain, just to hear your confession of guilt makes me want to give you a big hug and tell you that everything will work out...that sounds so thin, but it will.
    Experiences like yours makes us pay a little more attention to the old ones remaining in hope that we don't repeat our neglect or maybe it's taking them for granted...either way it was done innocently, don't cary that part with you.

Know that we share your pain...charlie
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Man
    Heard of a kid once that supposedly said she knows why dogs have short lives. Because they're born knowing how to love.

The dog we have now is by far the goofiest, most annoying, downright odd pest I've ever seen. He's also the best dog that's ever come into my life. He's my son's dog, got him from a rescue. Him and that boy treat each other like gold. He's about 4 we reckon, it'll be a sad day for us both when he goes.

He got in the road once while we were out and got clipped by a car. Just barely nicked. Scraped the backs of both "knees" and of all things, his anus. Not his butt, tail, but his butt hole. At first I thought some sick bastard had raped him. We took him to the emergency vet (right next to the Chinese buffet), and he said he'd definitely been clipped by a car, had bruises and sore spots all over, but no broken bones.

Talk about dedication. That poor kid (10 years old), gagging the whole time, wiping that dog's butt every time he pooped and doctoring it with some prescription ointment the vet gave him. That went on for about 3 days before I remembered I had some latex gloves.

Boolit Grand Master
    so very sorry for your loss
    it is so very hard some never can get by it
    time does heal the sharp pain and the memories
    will always be there
    condolences
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

It is very painful losing your best friend, I lost both of my dogs this year. Maggie in Feb. and Merlin in Sept. with that so fresh in my mind I almost didn't read your post. But it does get better as the pain fades and it leaves the good memories. I had Merlin for 14 years and he followed me everywhere even mowing the lawn he walked along, no regrets just good memories. We just adopted a 12 week old pup and know that she won't take the place of any of our deceased pets but she already has found a niche in our hearts.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Banned
    Had a blue tick 15 years he grew up with the kids and he would go in each bedroom to see those boys before he would come and lay on my side of the floor right next to my bed. I noticed he wasn't barking as loud or as long as he used to and one night after he made his rounds he came in and laid down drawing a long sigh I petted his head and went to sleep. He died during the night in his sleep I guess without much pain. I never had another dog like that .

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for your loss.

Boolit Master
    Dogs are wonderful creatures life wouldn't be the same without them .some day I'm sure we'll see them again.

I've been thinking of this thread all morning, thinking of the special pets we have had and how much they loved us and us them...
    When the wife or I was sick in years past, one of the cats would be in constant contact with us as we lay and rested...when one jumped down another, in less than a minute would jump up and cuddle, they would not leave us alone.
    Our dog would be laying next to the couch or bed...it seems that they know much more than we give them credit for.

That's part of the unconditional love I spoke of before.

just thought I'd share that...I'm certain others have experienced the same thing.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Banned

I know the feeling well. Almost 2 months now since my best friend passed and I still tear up when I look at his pictures on the wall.

Boolit Buddy
    Very sorry to hear about the loss of your Dog, >> very sorry.

Julie and I have also shed the tears that come from loosing a Dog.
    I guess it's no different what Animal you loose, if you love that Animal you suffer great pain.
    I will never be convinced the feelings and the love ever goes away, I think our Lord lets it be tucked away in a special place in our mind.

Everything in this world visits with us for a certain amount of time, what we do with that time is up to us.

Sometimes I look at my little fur friends and say to myself, You know little dog's, I really love you, and I'm gonna try very hard to let you know that every day. Thing is they don't have to try, it's just what they do.

Sometimes I think, hey, instead of me trying to teach you something, I should be grateful for what you have taught me.

My dogs never tell me what a bad day they had.

Julie's husband

Sam
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Boolit Buddy

Monday of last week, we had to put our dog, Snuffy, down. An extremely fast growing esophageal cancer. He was 10 or 11, a purebred English Pointer. My sister found him on the side of the road a year ago, about a week away from starving to death. We still expect to see him, on his place on the couch, or think we hear his toenails tapping on the floor or concrete.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Boolit Master
    So sorry for your loss... I am well acquainted with the feeling unfortunately. At present time we have some family pets that live with my parents, 3 kitties to be exact. The loss of any of them will tear me up. We love them so much and they love us the same. Hard to hold back the tears just typing this... So sorry for you...
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Buddy

Having been through many times I can understand your pain. My sincere sympathy. A new puppy is the only way to lessen the pain.

Boolit Buddy
    I'm sorry. I had to put down my golden retrever Jack a few weeks ago do to cancer. I also recently got divorced. It's now pretty lonely around here..

Boolit Master
    It will be waiting at RainBow Bridge
    Frank G.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast