WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRepackboxTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody shooting the 327 Fed Mag?

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Driver33 View Post
    I would like to see them offer a bolt action like they do in .357. A 77/327 would be neat
    Ruger has discontinued that line of rifles so you won't be seeing one in 327.

Boolit Bub
    how about the ruger american line. i think i would like to see it in the ruger number 3. i know henry has been talking about bringing out the 327 i just thought it would be in a lever gun but maybe it will be in the new single shot. i guess we will see in january. by the way i have the single 7 and sp101 and the lcr love the 32's.

Boolit Buddy
    A ruger #3 would be nice i may have to look at a contender. That would make a neat little compact carbine

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scotth View Post
    how about the ruger american line. i think i would like to see it in the ruger number 3. i know henry has been talking about bringing out the 327 i just thought it would be in a lever gun but maybe it will be in the new single shot. i guess we will see in january. by the way i have the single 7 and sp101 and the lcr love the 32's.
    Looks like thier next adventure will be the 410 lever action shotgun.......

Boolit Mold
    HENRY make lever actions chambered in 327 Fed Mag. Enjoy!

I've heard good things about the Henry lever rifle in 327.

[soap box] I don't understand it when people say you have to wear hearing protection when shooting the 327. What??? You NEED to wear hearing protection for anything more than 22 shorts in a rifle. If you don't you're damaging your hearing. Don't wait until you're 40 or so with significant hearing loss and constant tinnitus (ringing in the ears). [/soap box]

I've had the SP101, S&W 632 in 327 and sold them both for various reasons. The factory Speer 115 GDHP would run a solid 1300 fps from the 3" barrels. Now I have the Single 7 and the same load chronographs at 1528 fps! I have the shorty with the 4-5/8" barrel.

I have plenty of nice loads in 32 mag, but still working on 327 loads. I thought H108 would bring me some love, but I wasn't quite satisfied with it. Same disappointment with Blue Dot. Despite reports of spitting with the use of W296/H110 I'm going to try that next.

I can't believe Speer stopped making their Gold Dots for the 327. It was the best darn bullet going. Hornady XTP's frag at upper end 327 velocities. I do like this 120 grain 120 grain RFP-GC bullet I picked up from a custom loader last year. He dispatches hogs and cattle on his farm with it and the penetration has been excellent... not far behind his 180 grain fp in 357.

Boolit Buddy
    I picked up a brass carbine Henry in .327 about 2 weeks ago.

I've only had a chance to run about 20 rounds through it, but I am loving it.

My 7 yo boy even shot it off the bench and said it didn't kick too much at all.

Between this rifle, and my 8-shot BH...I'm set for .327s now...so ding dang happy that Henry stepped up.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have run about 2500 rounds now through my Single Sevens and about 400 through my SP101. They have become some of my favorites for just plain shooting fun. I am seriously considering getting a 327 carbine someway or other. The Henry's run a bit heavy, but If I can find a suitable single shot H&R I may have one built.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    In a pistol, no question you need to wear hearing protection when shooting. The thing with the 327/30 Carbine pistol is that the occasional shot when hunting needs hearing protection too if you can at all manage it and you will regret the times you can't. One can always make a 32 Long out of it if you need quieter.

Out of a rifle I am less concerned for the occasional shot in the field but it's my ears after all. How many deer have I shot with no plugs in with 270/06 etc?

I will say I am not dumb enough to shoot deer with a braked single shot pistol without hearing protection though. My rifles do not have brakes.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have about 250 rounds through my SP-101 x 4.2" so far. Full-value loads are impressive in report (think "30 Carbine Blackhawk with 4" barrel") but kinda docile in recoil. RCBS 32-98-SWC loaded to 900-1000 FPS are an utter delight, and accurate as all-get-out. I predict that 90% of my shooting will get done with the lighter loadings. This has become de rigeur with my magnum wheelguns--cast SWCs of "standard weight" run at 900-1000 FPS. Very useful from 30 to 45 caliber, and all stops in-between.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123