Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationWideners
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: LITTLE SHARPS cal.22 LR

LITTLE SHARPS cal.22 LR

Anyone had a chance to see one of these yet? It looks pretty interesting and with set trigger and tang sight, well who could ask for more?

Here's the link if anyone is interested.

http://chiappafirearms.com/product/830
    "If we wern't all crazy we would be insane"
    Jimmy Buffett

I'm not a fan of Chiappa due to me and others I know directly having had issues with their products. But DANG IT! That looks like just the sort of thing I'd like to try! ! ! !
    Witty saying to be plagarized shortly.....

In Remembrance
    Pedersoli has three offerings of .22 lr in a Sharps configuration.
    This is the heavy one ...
    http://www.davide-pedersoli.com/sche...ench-rest.html
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

I wanted a Lyman mini Sharps in 22lr in the worst way , before I bought one I found a Winchester low wall instead
    I am one gun away from happy

Wonder if Chiappa is still doing an overlay on their stocks? They were using birch wood and overlaying thin walnut to make them look like very high grade wood. Had a friend who sanded his, and sanded right through the thin layer on the outside.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by marlinman93 View Post
    Wonder if Chiappa is still doing an overlay on their stocks? They were using birch wood and overlaying thin walnut to make them look like very high grade wood. Had a friend who sanded his, and sanded right through the thin layer on the outside.
    Yep phony wood alright and I don't think they are even using a thin layer of real walnut (veneer) but rather a printed walnut-like layer sort of like is done with wood house paneling. I have not personally had any experience with them but not long ago a rather irate fellow described his experience which was similar to what happened to your friend, he said it was exactly like what happens to fake wood paneling if it is sanded or scuffed. My understanding is that paneling uses a type of photographic process and I can't see how that would work with gunstock wood but he is convinced that it is, regardless of how they do it it's a very poor way to build a stock!
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Master
    The basic design looks very useful, but they had the basic design handed to them from the nineteenth century, and if they can't make guns out of real wood like trees are made of, you might as well have a quality plastic. I don't much like what appears to be laser or stamped engraving either, and finishing it in the white seems like a receipe for making you want a new one a few years down the line. If H&R could make basic guns look good with colour case hardening, why can't they?

In Remembrance
    The blurb on their website says, "It has a white receiver and a two piece, straight grip walnut stock with a steel butt plate and schnable forend tip."

It doesn't say 'faux walnut', and it doesn't say 'walnut veneer'.
    It says it has a stock made of walnut.

If their wood doesn't match that description, somebody needs to take action.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master

"Are you certain you wouldn't like the bucket moved a bit closer, Mr. Quigley?"

"Ummm. . .yeah. OK"

Buffalo Arms carries the Dave Crossno drop-in conversion so you can shoot .22's in your existing .45-70/90/100/110/120/etc...: http://www.buffaloarms.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=159302
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Mold
    I had a Lyman/Cheap ***, mini sharps, 38-55. With black powder it started out with 1 misfire in 5 and worked it's way up to 5 in 5. I took it apart to see if there was an obvious problem. There was. The workmanship was as bad as anything I'd ever seen. Galled screws, miss aligned holes, and machine work that looked like it was rejected from a 7th grade shop class. It took 3 or 4 months to get Lyman to respond, but I finally was able to return it for a refund. It is a nice looking gun, and would be a great hunting rifle, if it worked.