Snyders JerkyWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
RepackboxReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: Cz p-07 with cast

Boolit Bub

Cz p-07 with cast

Hello. I am thinking about getting a CZ p-07 urban and just wanted to check to see if anyone on here has any experience with this combo, pros or cons. Thanks

Great pistol. CZ's love cast bullets. 124/125 gr for me work the best in my CZ's.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Grand Master
    My experiences with cast bullets in my CZ-75B x 40 S&W mirror Bob The Banker's text. VERY poured-bullet-friendly.

I am not certain what exact barrel attributes create a "good" barrel for cast bullets. Consistent dimensions are important for any bullet's accuracy, certainly. Smoothness of finish likely plays a role as well--I have found that barrels prone to copper-fouling tend to not be very lead-friendly either. In the CZ I have, it's 40 caliber barrel has a 1-16" twist rate instead of the usual 9mm and 40 S&W rate of 1-10" or 4 turns/meter. I do not understand why pistol makers insist upon such insanely-fast twist rates for short, squatty bullets like those of the 9mm and 40 S&W. The old Colt rate of 1-16" has worked well in wheelguns since 1836, as has S&W's 1-18.75" and Ruger's usual 1-20".
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 10-07-2016 at 03:15 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy

My CZs and CZ knocks offs love my cast boolits. I shoot 124s in the 9mm and 145s in the .40.

What molds are you guys using? I have to seat my 9 mm MP hollow point Boolits 1.080" or less or the guns jams every time in my CZ85.

Boolit Grand Master
    In 40 S&W, primarily the Lee 175 grain truncated cone/conventional lube groove. I seat these with about .020" of the front drive band exposed above the case mouth and apply a light taper crimp as a discrete die step AFTER seating bullets.

ETA--I use 4.7 grains of WW-231 to duplicate my carry load's OEM ballistics (180 grain JHP at ~950 FPS from the CZ-75B, ~920 FPS from the Glock 23).
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 10-12-2016 at 01:34 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In the 9MM I really have settled on the Lyman 356402 bullet seated 1.10 to 1.110. From my experience CZ's don't care for long loaded cartridges. Over 4.1 gr of 231 this bullet works well in all my 9MM guns. I use the lead bullets mostly for practice so I may switch to 700X to save a few grains on powder to get to the same velocity for IDPA. Much depends on the bullet olgive I have found. The 356402 is fairly pointy with a small flat meplat. I believe this allows for a slightly longer bullet than a more rounded olgive.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master
    My CZ 85 shoots the Lee 120TC powder coated just fine. I load it over Win 231

Boolit Bub
    Thanks for the input, I ordered the p-07 last night along with the lee 124gr TC tumble lube. I will try and post how she shots. Thanks again.