RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Not

Boolit Mold

Why Not

First hello, As I am new member.
    I went to the swap/trade sell section to find a unwelcome message stating foreigners not welcome.
    Why is this? As I am Australian, have a Australian federal firearms licence and am in the middle of opening up a gun shop.

Boolit Master
    I don't know about the shipping between nation stuff , but would like to welcome you to cast boolits .

Welcome mate...Try to send a PM to a Moderator?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    It probably has to do with the US ITAR restrictions, almost anything that would be sold here would have to go through a licensed exporter, making it cost prohibitive for us average Joes.

On the other hand, welcome to the forum.

Im pretty sure there are members here from all over... but buying and selling can only be done by any new member after you have met the required post counts etc... just like everybody else. I would PM a mod and ask the questions and concerns that you have. WELCOME! Strayans are always welcome!
    Looking for Ideal mold 419181 (44 Evans Long)
    "Joined Dates" are deceiving if you factor-in "lurk" dates.

Boolit Grand Master
    Just the rules, mate. Welcome aboard and enjoy our site. It was established to promote communication and enjoyment for like minded folks. Not a commercial venture per se. Eager to hear about your experiences down under.

Boolit Master
    There are no requirements or restrictions if you're buying. I copied this from the Swap and Selling rules

"30 Days Active Membership & 30 Post requirement to sell:
    Must be an active member for a minimum of 30 days with a minimum of 30 post. No requirement to be a buyer."

Boolit Master
    Welcome... I don't know about the rule you talk about.... But Americans have always desperately loved their Australian cousins and this place is no different...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipefitter View Post
    It probably has to do with the US ITAR restrictions, almost anything that would be sold here would have to go through a licensed exporter, making it cost prohibitive for us average Joes.

On the other hand, welcome to the forum.
    This would be my guess as well.

Welcome to the forum!
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by brelea View Post
    I went to the swap/trade sell section to find a unwelcome message stating foreigners not welcome.
    Why is this? As I am Australian, have a Australian federal firearms licence and am in the middle of opening up a gun shop.
    brelea,
    Welcome to the forum.
    (I moved your thread to the appropriate forum)

While I don't know exactly what message you found that stated "foreigners not welcome", I suspect it's this thread. Which is just a warning to US sellers to be sure to know the laws about shipping/exporting merchandise.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Seller-Warning

Again, welcome, I hope you find some of the information shared here, helpful to your new business...and I hope you have some helpful information to share as well.
    Good Luck,
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

Don't know where you heard that or from who, or whether it was an accurate interpretation of the message you received, but there's no truth at all in the idea that foreigners not being very welcome here. You probably just skipped reading the rules there. In S&S, you have to have a post count and a certain amount of time here from your date of registering to use the S&S section. This is simply to keep some of the fly by night guys that frequent everywhere on the 'net from posting just to sell their goods, and they're the types that all too often take the money and are never heard from again. Thus the rule about post count and time from initial registration.

We try hard here to keep the atmosphere "homey" and to still keep the users and abusers out. We want all who cast to have a great place to associate and learn from and contribute to each other. That's really all there is to it, and there's no prejudice at all due to one's location. In fact, we have members here from all over the world. So don't worry about that message, and let me add my welcome to you in addition to those you've already received. It's always good to have a new member. And being in Australia, where it's my understanding that some things are hard to get, you can add info on how you work around and compensate for these things. It all adds to our collective understanding of what we do, how we go about it, and options we haven't heard of yet.

So I expect you'd be a valued member here. Sorry about the initial message, or its interpretation, but I suspect that ITAR law that was passed may have been for your benefit, and not as you took it. That's just an assumption on my part, but I can attest to the fact that you're very much welcome here. Many come and fail to read the rules of the site, or think about why those rules are the way they are, but that's no indication at all that anyone here to learn and contribute isn't welcome at all. Glad to have you with us.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Welcome! As been said, we have members from all over the globe. It's just that the US govt. has put limitations on some items going places where they say they don't want folks making money arming unsavoury types.

They dislike competition from the private sector don't you know,,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

You are welcome here, make no mistake about that.

Perma-Banned
    don't know what may have changed in the meantime but, a couple years back I sent a down under member some "brass ornaments". other than fillin' out the customs form & the postage about doublin' the price of said "ornaments" I don't recall any problems with the transaction.

Welcome to the madness. Good luck with your store.

Ah, the trouble's we have living in different countries - me being from the US when I first got interested in suppressors and found out that you could buy them cheap in countries like France, etc - then found not allowed to import them unless I was .Gov. Had a member here I wanted to help but couldn't ship even a bullet mold to Africa. Gads the Bureaucrats have taken the world - the "meek" have truly inherited by regulation.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by brelea View Post
    I'm betting that since you just joined up and have not posted enough to qualify as a seller, you probably took the message denying you that privilege as being aimed at your nationality ... rather then your 'newness'.

Of course I could be wrong, but you didn't leave any hints about how the message was worded ...
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

I would guess this is what the OP is talking about:

http://swaparms.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Rifles

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim Sojourner View Post

Interesting, I have not seen this before, but of course, I am not a member of swaparms.
    I guess it is pretty clearly stated as to "why", so I'm not sure why someone would ask..let alone, ask here?

ANYWAY,
    Swaparms is a totally different website with totally different registration, while it does share some administration members...it really has nothing to do with castboolits.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

We do have at least several, and probably a lot, of Aussie members, and a couple of Kiwis, and I'm sure they would be very interested in any business propositions you cared to post, as you'd be comparatively local for them.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim Sojourner View Post

Why do you think that, and what exactly was that image you tried to post?
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast