RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thats it, im done. KAPUT!

When I start casting here soon I will be buying lead from forum members also. Hard to find COWW in california, doubt it will be cheap either. A $1 a pound shipped and I dont have to mess with a giant pot of lead. Still saving a ton of money too.

Boolit Master

The point where it's no longer worth it is different for everyone. I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering whether it's worth my time as well. I have maybe a quarter ton of scrap that I need to process but I think that may be it for me also. Honestly that with about that much in ingots already will last me decades with as much as I shoot.

I passed up a bunch of free brass today too. I had the range to myself due to the weather, and the gravel was covered with 9mm, literally thousands. I started to pick it up as I have in the past, but then stopped. As much as I have already and as cheap as 9mm brass is, it just isn't worth my time to kneel in the gravel for an hour picking it up. Someone else can have it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Doesn't it always take a good woman in the kitchen to show all us 'dumbutts' how to operate?
    More times than not.

Boolit Master
    I am nlike some here near a life supplie.I still look for lead a take free ww.but I don't get excited if I do not find anything on a trip.No big del either way anymore

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    The point where it's no longer worth it is different for everyone. I'm getting to the point where I'm wondering whether it's worth my time as well. I have maybe a quarter ton of scrap that I need to process but I think that may be it for me also. Honestly that with about that much in ingots already will last me decades with as much as I shoot.

I passed up a bunch of free brass today too. I had the range to myself due to the weather, and the gravel was covered with 9mm, literally thousands. I started to pick it up as I have in the past, but then stopped. As much as I have already and as cheap as 9mm brass is, it just isn't worth my time to kneel in the gravel for an hour picking it up. Someone else can have it.
    I am not sure I would take it even if someone put it in a bucket for me. Then I would probably just take it to the scrap yard.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    we have a recycling center here ,aluminium soft drinks cans and pet bottles are worth 10cents each ( you pay extra for the soft drinks, but we dont have tons of cans and bottles on the road sides) . I keep my cans and bottles in wool bales and when full I take them to the recycler , they count them and I get a hand full of cash . I use that cash to buy wheel weights which are sold to the recycler by the tyre shops . I pay 21cent per kilo (2.2 lbs per kilo )for wheel weights and I sort them on site so I don't get steel or zinc stuff I don't want.Last time I got a heap of ingots that some one had cast and decided to throw into the wheel weight container .
    There are people here that make a living scrounging cans and bottles and selling them to the recycle center. The local Scouts and other organizations also collect them and get some funding from that as well . All in all its a good system that works for me , keeps the highways clean and keeps the junk out of land fill.

Boolit Master

If I ever get to the point that I have no more room for my stash I will have to just build a bigger place!!
    May all your bullets find the Bullseye.

If you add more than you use at a steady rate eventually you have a nice stash. Buying some on the forum every month or two, hitting tire stores, scrap yards, or auctions/estate sales. Whatever as long as you add more than you use, and add on a regular basis you will eventually hit the point where adding more is entirely optional. Great price or especially good alloy? Well then I buy it. Otherwise I can just pass, or leave it for someone else. Or check around and see if someone else can use it.

If not for the thrill of the treasure hunt I would buy here on the forum, instead I use selling here as an excuse to buy good stuff when I find it. Shhhh don't tell wife.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123