WidenersRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I could use a little advice, opinions, thoughts with my .357 magnum loads

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    don't get hung up on speed. I would like a heavier boolit. A 160 rnfp at 1250 or so would be peachy. 2 holes dead critter.
    I concur, speed isn't the only yardstick.
    A solid bullet in the 160 grain weight range with a flat point would be my choice. I would also suggest looking into H110 [ww296] powder. I know the OP has 2400 and that's a fine powder but I've always had excellent results with H110 when dealing with magnum loads.
    Last edited by Petrol & Powder; 10-06-2016 at 10:52 PM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I prefer heavier-for-caliber bullets in 357 Magnum for deer hunting, something between 160-200 grains and cast as a BruceB Softpoint. In my Bisley Blackhawk using Lyman #358430 (195 grain RN) seated atop 12.5 grains of WW-296 and CCI-550 primers, I get the claimed velocity (by Winchester powder) of 1200 FPS from its 7.5" barrel. That is a "book" max load. This same revolver can safely run 180 grain FNGC to almost 1400 FPS--and Lyman #358156 to a bit past 1550 FPS due to its rugged strength. I won't share that data, and it should be noted that the cartridge brass is the weak link in the chain of combustion. Cases used for these loads get slightly loose primer pockets after 4-5 refills, so over time such loads exact a toll in brass life and the costs thereof.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12