Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: Polish sausage

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Polish sausage

We made 5lb of Polish sausage this evening ! 50/50 pork and beef , two variations . 2 1/2 lb of basic polish and 2 1/2 pounds of the same polish with onions and bell peppers . We like it both ways !

No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

looks like time to fire up the grill. Looks delicious!

Cast Boolits Search Tool

The Learning Never Stops!

Moderator Emeritus

Nice! Sausage making is a skill I want to learn.

Becky and I have only been doing it about a year . Making it is not complicated as many think . Experimenting with different recipes is fun .

Moderator Emeritus

I need a sausage stuffer... might have to save for one. One of the local grocery stores carries casings...

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    I need a sausage stuffer... might have to save for one. One of the local grocery stores carries casings...
    We started with a horizontal hand stuffer from Harbor Freight maybe 20 years ago. I think it was less than $15 delivered, We've stuffed a lot of meat with it. Its a lot of fun and good eating. I don't think they even sell it anymore but they do have a motorized one that looks like it would do the trick.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...result/?q=meat

Sometimes we hit the sausage with a little cold hickory or apple smoke which really sets it off. I just use an old refrigerator for that. Gotta keep the heat away from it and just smoke it.

Boolit Master

It's pretty easy to get the hang of it. http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/ is a good source for recipes, though there are a mess of others. I would suggest that any aspiring sausage maker read up on the subject, especially if your planning to make a smoked or fermented sausage. It's very important to know. The really neat thing is there are literally dozens of sausage types with a thousand different variations. Once you get started, keep a good notebook of your successes so you can repeat them and your boners, so you don't.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Michel View Post
    It's pretty easy to get the hang of it. http://www.meatprocessingproducts.com/ is a good source for recipes, though there are a mess of others. I would suggest that any aspiring sausage maker read up on the subject, especially if your planning to make a smoked or fermented sausage. It's very important to know. The really neat thing is there are literally dozens of sausage types with a thousand different variations. Once you get started, keep a good notebook of your successes so you can repeat them and your boners, so you don't.

Looks like a good site ! Thanks for the link.

Moderator Emeritus

I have an okay electric grinder(The Northern Tool $99 special that pops up on sale every so often. I want a vertical crank stuffer, the horizontal is going to take to much strength for my bad arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa Fox View Post
    We started with a horizontal hand stuffer from Harbor Freight maybe 20 years ago. I think it was less than $15 delivered, We've stuffed a lot of meat with it. Its a lot of fun and good eating. I don't think they even sell it anymore but they do have a motorized one that looks like it would do the trick.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalog...result/?q=meat

Sometimes we hit the sausage with a little cold hickory or apple smoke which really sets it off. I just use an old refrigerator for that. Gotta keep the heat away from it and just smoke it.

Supper tonight ! Homemade polish sausage with homemade sauerkraut !

Boolit Master

Looks dee-lish!
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Moderator Emeritus

Reminds me, I should check the crock of kraut tomorrow... might be ready to move to quart jars and the fridge.