WidenersTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: Blue Star Lubrizer

Boolit Bub

Blue Star Lubrizer

I just scored a blue star lubrizer with a bunch of dies. I paid $20 for it. I have the later magma unit. Not familiar with the early ones marked with the San Diego site. I'm looking for a handle since this did not come with. Anyone know where I can source one? I tried the Magma site they seem to not have it available. I found lathesmith's roller L type, I think from reading the post he does not offer them anymore.
    Furthermore, is there any upgrades I need to do for this?

One of my Stars has a screwdriver handle that was heated and bent to the shape the guy I got it from wanted. I never looked to see if it was threaded or welded on - will do that when I go downstairs again. The only upgrade you might need is a new spring if the old one has taken a set, and the die removal tool is a very useful addition as well.
    Tony

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Kyle623 makes a wonderful roller handle. I have two of his. Send him a PM. He's a vendor here.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I second Kyle's roller handles. I've got 4 of them.....

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks, I just sent a PM to kyle623. Hope he has one available.

Banned

the newer magma's are a lot easier to get a handle for than the old san diego stars are.
    the old ones took a larger diameter [about 7/16" diameter] handle.
    you can order a shovel handle from magma and is one upgrade I would recommend if your going to use the feeder and go for speed.

on aside note that star must have been stolen [twice] for you to find it for 20 bucks, size dies are double that.

All six of my Star sizers take a 3/8" diameter handle shank. I've never seen one that required a different size. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but only that I've never seen one.

My old Star handles also have four different styles of wooden handle, but the shanks are all the same diameter.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Bub
    Thanks, I'll check the diameter tonight. I bought from a local gun show vendor. It was just in a box. I told him what it was and he said $20. I guess it was a real steal. Came with 5 dies.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by pugjunga123 View Post
    I just scored a blue star lubrizer with a bunch of dies. I paid $20 for it. I have the later magma unit. Not familiar with the early ones marked with the San Diego site. I'm looking for a handle since this did not come with. Anyone know where I can source one? I tried the Magma site they seem to not have it available. I found lathesmith's roller L type, I think from reading the post he does not offer them anymore.
    Furthermore, is there any upgrades I need to do for this?
    I have a blue 'San Diego' star, it came with a straight 3/8" steel shaft with wood handle (I assume it's the original), I upgraded to Lathesmithe's roller handle...and I love it.
    I'd gladly swap you the original handle for a die, if you have any duplicates you want to part with...right off the top of my head, I'm looking for a 311 and 459.
    PM me if interested
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Bub
    PM sent.
    Thanks