Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: Remington 300 BO cases???

Boolit Master

Remington 300 BO cases???

This evening, I saw some Remington .300 Black out ammo on the shelf at the local Wally World. At $16 for a box of 20 120 gr HPs I figured it wasn't all that bad, so I picked up a box. I figured that with the price of commercial brass, it was a good deal. What puzzled me is this. When I opened the box I was expecting a Remington head stamp on the cases. But they were made by Barnes! Things that make you go "Hmmmm"! Anyone else run into this?

Boolit Buddy
    Yeah Remington is in bed with Barnes on tbe Blackout. They designed the 110gr blacktip just for the blackout & I hear there's a 120gr blacktip boat tail now. They are incredible bullets.

Personally I swore of Remington as most their products are pretty bad these days. I have heard a lot of good about the new 120gr otm though. Fyi you can get those a few dollars a box cheaper on sites like SGammo.com which is a super awesome place to buy ammo.

The Remington brass I've used was okay though. The Hornady cases are a joke. I just sell off my factory cases now, I have so many 5.56 converted that I've picked up for free.
    I collect exotic ammo, if you have something interesting let me know.

Boolit Master
    Just buy a separate 300 Blk FL die and make your own. There is a lot of 223 once fired brass here for four or five cents apiece. I bought one of the Lee manual case trimmers, and it keeps me out of trouble in the winters watching college FB and Basketball...

Boolit Master
    FWIW I have had good luck with Remington Blackout ammo. I have several boxes of their 220gr subsonics (Bass Pro Had a decent rebate) with no issues.