Snyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: Need a mould for a 32/20, not a 32/40!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance Four Fingers of Death's Avatar

Need a mould for a 32/20, not a 32/40!

Picked up an old (1914 vintage) 1892. Keen to get it going.
    "I'll help you down the trail and proud to!" Rooster Cogburn.

"Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go! We're burnin' daylight! " - Will Anderson (John Wayne) "The Cowboys."

SASS Life Member No 82047

http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k228/4fingermick/

Psycholigist to Sniper; 'What did you feel when you shot the felon Sargeant?'
    Sniper to Psycholigist; 'Recoil Ma'am.'

From my Irish Ancestors: "You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was."

Super Moderator

.............I guess you haven't picked it up yet, but it would help to know the groove dia?

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Lightbulb 32-20 mould

I have a 32-20 T/C Contender rifle and pistol barrle. The twist is 1 in 10 for both. I have had great sucess with a SEACO mould #316 150 grain gas check and 14.3 grains of 1680 powder. Average 1.1" 5 shot groups at 100 yards with rifle bbl.
    NRA LIFE MEMBER SINCE 1973

Boolit Master
    Mick, one bullet that I have shot in a winchester low wall 32-20 was lymans #311316
    (hope I got the number right). Weighs about 115-120grs and is a gas check bullet. Used to scrounge lead cable sheathing and had cigar boxes full of them. Used to use the old lyman black ideal lube. If memory serves the twist was 1 in 20" Frank

Boolit Master

The group buy we did a few weeks ago from Lee yielded a very good 120 gr bullet for the 32-20. Check with Willbird, I think he has some extras.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    I sure do

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Mold

good 32-20 boolit

I like the lyman 3118 (more didgets now). It shot real well in my marlin 94 with several different loads but the one that I use the most is 2gr of Bullseye (no filler required). makes a great hole in paper or small game. the load is an old Lyman cast bullet handbook load for gallery shooting.

Mick
    In my Model 53 several boolits have given great accuracy the Lyman #3118 and also #311316 and the Saeco #322 and our group buy 314-120 all have shot as well as I can see....that's bout 3" er therebouts at 100 yds....they might do real good with a scope er younger eye's...

Both AA#7 and Unique have werked real well for loads in the standard 32-20 pressure range and AA#1680 is the powder fer pushin' em fast...or over SAAMI spec neways...yer gonna like this little pip squeak...
    Regard's John

Willbird, waht are the details on that group buy. I just might be interested.
    R J Talley