MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: just started casting

Boolit Mold

just started casting

I started casting 9mm 124 tl rn with a lee mold and have powder coated them red. I'm running 4.0 grains of universal thru them and i have only shot 10 of them thru my hi point carbine (coal 1.125) . I don't have a chronograph so i cant see what my fps is but the cases don't show over pressure and it cycles fine. does it seem like i'm doing it alright? is there anything you would change? i have a 356 sizing die coming in the mail tomorrow the ones i shot had measured at 357-358

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    If it cycles fine, shoots fine and there's no signs of excessive pressures I don't see any problems. Are you getting any leading or powder coat fouling in the bore just ahead of the chamber? From your description you most likely are not.

If you start to get signs of fouling once you've used your incoming sizing die, you'll know you had it right to begin with.

It looks like you still have some wiggle room if you want to tweak your loads for accuracy but, other than that I don't see any problem.

And, Oh Yea; I forgot to say, Welcome to this forum. There are alot of 9mm cast bullets experts here that can give you a whole lot more help than I can. I do cast and shoot 9mm but not as much as many others do.

HollowPoint

Boolit Master

It's a great start, keep at it! Welcome aboard!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Welcome...where are you from? Why not put it under your Avatar?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Mold
    Hollow point I cleaned the gun afterwards and found no powder coat but the barrel was dirty but i think it may have been the gunpowder (scrubbed twice with brush and alot of patches to get it clean) I figured if it was lead it would of been alot harder to clean. OSOK im in Kansas city

Banned

leave them at 358.
    your doing everything right already don't screw it up.