Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I own too many molds,

Boolit Master

I own too many molds,

I collected quite a bit of 44cal molds and some others, I have sold a lot on our forum, but as I was going through them I am thinking, I dont remember buying this one, or this one. When did I think I had time to develop all of these? I mean I am young, but still.

So now my frame of mind is just to have a few per caliber, maybe even narrow it down to one per caliber, but that one will be the best of what I have then to sell the rest.

I mainly went a little crazy with the 44 molds haha.

Boolit Master
    You can never have too much money or too many molds although the two seem to be mutually exclusive.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

In Remembrance

Awhile back I thought I should do a mold count. I thought I had maybe 35 - 40 at best. When I finished it was well over 60. I`ve pared it down a little, got a ways to go though.Robert

Boolit Master
    Well if you happen to have a paper patch mold for 45/70 at about 400 grains we need to talk.
    Make no mistake -- They will remember how easily you surrendered your rights.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohica793 View Post
    Well if you happen to have a paper patch mold for 45/70 at about 400 grains we need to talk.
    haha, I do not.

I had the same problem with 45ACP molds. Can't get rid of any molds because I might get another .45 that likes the other boolits better. That's my story...

Boolit Grand Master

I own too many molds.

I have too much money.

My wife is too pretty.

I have too many guns.

​As Frau Blucher said in Young Frankenstein: ALL LIES!!!
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    Unless you have three of the same mold, you just have molds that you have not used yet. I kind of started that way with light 38 special bullet molds. But thankfully, I now have a 9mm and things have worked out really well. I suppose there is a difference between over stocked and well prepared.

Perma-Banned

I did own too many...but I cured that. I have sent a lot down the road...just tired of having them around and seldom using them. I have streamlined my business, a lot, and it sure is better, for me.

I think that you should have all that you want, 1 or 100 plus...and I have all I want...with the exception of 1 more that I want.

Boolit Grand Master

I figure as long as the mass of my moulds doesn't affect the earth's rotation I'm under the maximum. My only fear is catching a mould on sale and ordering it before I realize I already have it on the shelf. Thought I did that once but decided I was wrong....or at least I think so, lol. Lately I've been upgrading from Lee/RD moulds to NOE/RD moulds so it's been a little tricky.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master

The only time you have too many molds, or alloy, is when you move. After you settle into the new place, you once again begin to acquire more molds and more alloy. Just accept it and enjoy it. It will never again be considered a problem until your children are cleaning out your place.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohica793 View Post
    You can never have too much money or too many molds although the two seem to be mutually exclusive.
    The only time ya have too much mold is when it's growing on the walls and ceiling. If it's bullet molds then there is no such thing as too many.....

Boolit Man
    I just started casting 44. Let me help you thin those molds out!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

"I have too many molds ..."

Bite your tongue before somebody's wife sees this and tells him "Yes, I think you have far too many molds too"!

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Boolit Master

Whenever I think I have too many molds I check my temperature to see if I have a fever.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

They breed you know, leave them alone in a nice dry dark place and pretty soon you start hearing funny sounds, get woke up in the middle of the night for no reason.....and the next time you dig your favorite 360-180-WFN 2Cav out for a little exercise, the collection has somehow growed, sometimes by two maybe three different units. Ever so often you find a hybrid with strange appendages that make your boolets come out hollow pointed. In India, they would be considered .............half caste.......

Boolit Master
    My biggest fear....... with having too many...... is my heirs coming in after I die and selling it all for scrap metal. So, I have 2 for my 44, still learning with these, 2 for the 45 acp, got it down pat, and 4 for my muzzle loaders. I need one for a 38........ so I can get a 38.

Lean and mean here, with just a handful, or so.
    I have only one *extra* mould that I could live without, if I have to, I guess...
    I've become more focused/streamlined in recent years valuing quality over quantity.
    Some people might have both!
    A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Moderator Emeritus

The only molds you have excess to you are the ones that don't fit your guns throat. I have no problem buying molds I want and selling molds that don't fit my guns and or needs.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

And my wife has too many pairs of shoes. And you know that you need a purse to match your shoes. Use women's logic and keep your molds. You must have a gun for every mold, it just makes sense. I know you bought all your molds "on sale" and saved money.
    I guarantee if you sell a mold,you will want it back down the road. Molds don't eat, don't take up much space,you don't pay taxes on them. Think of them as an investment, they will not go down in price.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast