Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sr-4759

I started using sr 4759 for steel shot shotgun loads, then found how good it was for cast boolits. Look for sales of shotshell reloading supplies. I've found it at some garage sales that advertised shotshell components.
    PJ
    NRA Benefactor Member

Boolit Grand Master
    Still shooting the Bartlett 4759 clone.
    When it's gone, 4227. Works very well.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Boolit Grand Master

I asked Alliant if 300MP is subject to issues like 296/110. Did not get an answer but they did say it is being used in Schetzun guns. It has been a very stable powder with a normal increase in pressures as the charge increased. I am not going to worry about using it in reduced boolit loads.
    I also use 2400 and it works well.

Boolit Master

I use 2400 in place of SR4759.
    “Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.”
    ― Mark Twain
    W8SOB

Boolit Master
    Ive been trying to save my 2400 just for my 44's as I dont have as much at the moment.
    4227 I used to love in the 44's, but 2400 is a tad better, that said, I have been looking into using 4227 the Mosins.
    I also have a fair amount of 4759, including the Bartlett clone, which laid next to IMR4759 are identical.

Boolit Master
    I have about ten pound of 4759. That should last me to the end, which may be closer than we think. With the fear of forest fires our range is still closed by the Forrest Service. All the mountain ranges are closed.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master
    4759 has been discontinued and "brought back" several times. I don't care if it ever comes back. I currently have a 5lb can of the IMR product that is nearly completely full, and I'd gladly trade it for 2400,5744 or Rel 7 to anyone in the Spokane Wa./north Idaho area FTF.
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

Boolit Bub
    I'd be happy to trade 8# IMR 4759 for 8# IMR 7625.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuz View Post
    4759 has been discontinued and "brought back" several times. I don't care if it ever comes back. I currently have a 5lb can of the IMR product that is nearly completely full, and I'd gladly trade it for 2400,5744 or Rel 7 to anyone in the Spokane Wa./north Idaho area FTF.
    I emailed them. The reply I got back was that they "couldn't give it away", therefore, it will never be made again. I have 7 lbs. I doubt that will last me to the end.

Boolit Grand Master

Before Sandy Hook there were dusty bottles on the shelves when you found it. Most places didn't stock it because it didn't sell.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Before Sandy Hook there were dusty bottles on the shelves when you found it. Most places didn't stock it because it didn't sell.
    I suspect that means that we are failing to do our jobs as teachers of essential knowledge in the black art of cast boolit reloading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12