Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braztech/Taurus 92........passed.

Boolit Master

Braztech/Taurus 92........passed.

Ran across a NIB Braztech/Taurus Model 92 45Colt saturday at Academy in Dallas for $224.00

Had to pass. I don't want any drama from a Taurus.
    "What makes you think I care" ........High Plains Drifter

Rick C.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
    Ran across a NIB Braztech/Taurus Model 92 45Colt saturday at Academy in Dallas for $224.00

You did what?????

To each, his own...you are certainly the loser.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shoot-n-lead View Post
    You did what?????

To each, his own...you are certainly the loser.
    you ever dealt with Taurus?

Rick C.

Boolit Buddy
    With my experience with my .44 mag, I would have grabbed it for that price and I don't even shoot 45LC.
    Just what I would need, another caliber.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
    you ever dealt with Taurus?
    Yes, I have...I have 2 revolvers in my safe now, that don't work...but, my Brazteck/Rossi 92 has been flawless and I would have bought that gun in a heartbeat... and I don't shoot Colt any longer. There was not much risk involved there...but it was his money, so, if he is happy, so am I.

Boolit Master

Wow! I have a 24" octagon barreled 92 in 45LC and it's one of my favorites. At that price I wouldn't send it back unless it was a major issue. If I couldn't deal with it, then the gunsmith.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Just curious why they were selling a new gun that normally retails for between $400-$500 for $224? Something's not right.

Possibly due to the investigation of former taurus executives dealing arms illegally.
    A citizen who shirks his duty to contribute to the security of his community is little better than the criminal who threatens it.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Heck, you could have flipped it for $400.00 easy.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    You my friend passed on the deal of the decade! The Brazilian Rossi now owned by Taurus and imported by Braztech are the quality 'poor man's original m1892's'
    I have 3 and the latest 38Spl purchased this year for $500 is quality fit to finish and metal work. My 45LC vintage 2001 Rossi for cowboy has 15,000 plus BP rounds down the bore. Field stripped twice - no broken parts and no mechanical hiccups! Accuracy? With a rear vernier I can dust a clay bird at 50yds!

PS: the Taurus Thunderbolt (Colt Lightning clone) is a different story. Unless completely re-engineered, they are tomato stakes except for the quality barrels! Have one of those too but it has been completely re-engineered. I can slam fire 10 rounds with no hiccups ... with the rifle in a horizontal position
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Hopefully someone that wanted it more than me got the deal of the century.

I had a Puma and ordered the 92 slick up CD from Steve??. When I tore it apart the guts looked like someone whittled them out with a dremel tool.

I got rid of it also.

Funny thing, the clerk said the rifle took real expensive ammo, I guess one reason it was marked way down. They also had a "CHL only" sign up because NICs was down, I think. I have a CHL so the stars were align, but I just didn't want another Taurus product. It WASSSS tempting.

Rick C.

Boolit Buddy

Jeez, I took mine (357) to the range yesterday and shot a 5 shot group @ 50 yards that measured .6" . That's normal.

Boolit Master
    Few would have passed on a new 92 for $224, even if we didnt have the cash, they accept credit cards. it could easily been flipped for a profit. I already have a 45 colt 92, still would have bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by 45fan View Post
    Possibly due to the investigation of former taurus executives dealing arms illegally.
    Doesn't seem to affect any other Rossi 92 prices.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    At full retail (~$450-500.00 around here) I would pass on any Rossi 92 in favor of a nice used JM 1894 or scrape up the extra cash for a Henry. $300.00 or less, yeah, I'm buying it. Even if I'm just going to take it down the street to my local shop for a quick $50-100 profit.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Bub

Hpdrifter, I am with you. Bought my first and last Rossi about 2 months ago. Sent it back to Miami because it wouldn't chamber or cycle any 357 magnum rounds. Still waiting. Parts on order. Will see if it works when or if it comes home. If it doesn't cycle 357 it's gone.

Banned
    I've had several Raging Bulls 454 & 480 with no issues at all. Have 2 92s, a .44 & .454. Both functioned fine but needed to work on the 454 to properly cycle the longer/heavier bullets. I'd a broke my arm getting my wallet out for that price.

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    At full retail (~$450-500.00 around here) I would pass on any Rossi 92 in favor of a nice used JM 1894 or scrape up the extra cash for a Henry. $300.00 or less, yeah, I'm buying it. Even if I'm just going to take it down the street to my local shop for a quick $50-100 profit.
    I will take a Rossi at regular price over a Henry or a Marlin at their regular price...you can have them...besides, like the 92 action, better, anyway.

Boolit Master
    never tried a newer rossi but i have two of the pre safety interarms imports a real old 357 and a 44 with puma emblem and they both shoot great. the 44 just wont feed full length 357 swc boolits but what 92 will.
    I would have have grabbed it and used it as trade up fodder towards a new henry 41 mag...

Boolit Master

I will take a Rossi at regular price over a Henry or a Marlin at their regular price...you can have them...besides, like the 92 action, better, anyway.
    I'm with you on that. I've owned Braztec Rossi's,Winchester 94AE,Browning B92 and the use of a friends JM Marlin 94 for a year, all in .357 caliber. The Win 94 was mechanically junk, accurate but broke a lot of parts. Ok for a fellow who hunts or shoots a couple hundred rds per year. The B92 was really pretty and well made but not as accurate as the Winchester or Rossi so I sold it. Won a Henry at our club in a raffle (steel frame). It was a pound heavier than the others, sandblasted receiver finish and rough lathe finished barrel did not impress me. Accuracy was ok but the weight and finish turned me off so I sold it. The Marlin was ok but nothing to really excite me. The year I used it scratched my itch for Marlins. I still have my 2 Rossi's a 20" carbine and 24" octagon. Both have had many thousands of rounds through them with zero problems. They both are in the 3 moa range at 100 yds as far as accuracy. Two of my friends have purchased Rossi's after seeing and trying mine and are happy with their purchases.
    That's my take on pistol caliber lever guns.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast