RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twenty Years!!!

Boolit Master

Twenty Years!!!

Today is Gail and my twentieth anniversary! Second time around for both of us and "winner, winner, chicken dinner"! I sure lucked out when I met Gail in 1991. My first wife left in 1992 and Gail and I started to date shortly thereafter. We were both a bit gun-shy, but three years later we got engaged and we tied the knot the following year. Asking her to be my wife was/is the best decision I ever made! I hope everyone gets as lucky as I have. While I never met her prior to starting a new job in 1991, our lives almost touched several times from the late 1950's to 1991. Strange how things happen.
    R.D.M.

Good for you, and Congratulations. Dec. will be 47 for my Mrs. and I, first time around. When you think about it, you wouldn't have time to do that twice!

Boolit Buddy

Congrats on 20 year mark, I'm glad you both are happy. SWMBO will be reach 41 next month, 1st time for each of us also, Der Gebirqsjager, congrats on your 47 mark.
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Why thank you, Mtnfolk75. Same to you also.
    DG

In Remembrance

On the 21st my Frau and I celebrated 48 years married. We had dated for about 2 years before that. First time up the aisle for either of us and at our ages will be the only time. Congrats on your milestone of marriage.Robert

Boolit Buddy
    Had our first date the 6'th of June, married 6'th of July same year, 51 years later still going. Not going to say it's been easy, after a couple heart attacks, detached retina, hip replacement, and a bunch of meds for it all she is not the girl I married but 51 years ago I made a promise and I will keep it

Not a small reason to celebrate, blackthorn. November 11 the Irish rose and I will be married 38 years, 60 years to the minute of the end of WWI, (that I can remember!)

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Congrats to you and your wife blackthorn! And may you two celebrate many more years together! For my wife and I, it will be 45 next August.

Ithaca Gunner - since you and your wife tied the know on Armistice Day . . . all hostilities stopped . . . so the two of you can never argue or disagree! Just live in perfect harmony!

Boolit Master

Congratulations Blackthorn and your lovely wife. What ever you are doing, keep doing. In November, if I remember it, will be 48th. Or if I forget it, maybe my funeral.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

Well done, well done
    We had our 45th Anniversary this year
    What a blessing
    Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

Congratulations on 20 years! And all of the others mentioned. A good wife is a precious jewel. My MBH (Much Better Half) and I will celebrate, Lord willing, 52 years in October. I love her very much and would do it all over again.

Have a blessed rest of the day,

Leon

Boolit Master
    Life is sweet with the right person.
    Congratulations on the milestone and hope you have 20 more.

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats blackthorn and mrs. blackthorn.....twenty years are great!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and glad it worked the second time around. My 26th was two days ago and can't wait for the divorce to be finalized. Who knows if there ever will be a second time - very doubtful.

Banned
    45 years for us and life gives you happy times and times of sorrow we have endured them and we are stronger for it congrats for you and may you enjoy your time living together.

Boolit Master
    Thanks for all the kind wishes. Mr. Wolf --- My first marriage lasted 32 years and Gail's lasted 27. Neither of us were in any hurry to jump back in and both of us did some hard thinking about where we went wrong the first time. For myself I wanted someone who was everything the first one was not. Happy, considerate, honest, sense of humor, committed and cute. I got all that and more! Just because you got a dud the first time, don't give up, just be careful and put some thought into the kind of woman you want. Good luck to you.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Grand Master

Congratulations to each and every pair that weather the storms and stick it out. No marriage is all fun and games. It takes lots of give and take. Most of all it takes mutual respect.
    After dating for over two years, I got lucky on March 14th 1962. After two children, her two cancers, and 54 years, I'd be happy to do it all again.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Buddy
    Wow, I missed this somehow. Congrats to your both. Two of our friends from BC. And you have been good to us. Hope your day was a happy one and that your years together continue to grow.

All our best and God bless you both.
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Boolit Grand Master
    congratulations on your achievement
    as you can see lots of well wishers and fellow long termers
    my wife and I have been married for 33 years but went together for 8 years preceeding
    our marriage we met at age 17
    best of luck and good health to both of you
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Congrats to the both of you! There's always a few speed bumps over the years in marriage...but at the end of the day you remember that she's not only your 'heart throb' but she's your 'best and most trusted friend' also!
    At 6 PM today we celebrated our 38'th...have been enamored for 40. Marriage is a pretty good institution, doncha think?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast