Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee Precision
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: VB "ALLOY" Program from The Powder Room

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"

Arrow VB "ALLOY" Program from The Powder Room

For those who would like a Visual Basic program that will compute alloy proportions, please see this link (@END) for a zip file that contains SETUP.EXE program to install my ALLOY PROJECT program. I started all this with an Excel program, but not everybody has access to Excel.

It works on everything from W2000 to W10 (I just tried it there with a "virgin" W10 machine, and it works great.)

I wrote this program when I was learning to program in Visual Basic, years and years ago.

Arthur Greene lately of Beverly Hills taught me how to do these computations, which are embedded in the executable of this program. Hats off to Mr. Greene, wherever he may now be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    LICENSE AGREEMENT:

BY DOWNLOADING THIS PROGRAM, YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NEVER ATTEMPT TO INVERSE COMPILE THE PROGRAM, AND THAT YOU WILL _NEVER_ OFFER IT FOR SALE.

YOU MAY DISTRIBUTE IT AS YOU LIKE TO ANYBODY YOU WOULD CARE TO.

AGAIN, GIVE IT AWAY, POST IT OTHER PLACES - attribute it to ME, "pcmacd", BUT YOU MAY NOT SELL IT!

WHILST I HAVE PERSONALLY BEEN USING THIS PROGRAM FOR YEARS UPON YEARS on any number of Windows operating systems, I REMAIN, NOT LIABLE FOR ERRORS ENCOUNTERED IN EITHER INSTALLING OR USING THIS PROGRAM.

• IT WON'T RUN ON AN APPLE MACHINE, NOR WILL IT EVER, SO PLEASE DON'T ASK? PLEASE? PURTY PLEASE?

If errors are found in this program, please ignore the email address that is in the buried in the program's HELP section (Yahoo decided to drop me after a few months of no activity?), and contact me at the following:

pc_whocares atttttttt yahoo dotttttttttt commmmmm

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    SEE LINK @ END of this POST! CLICK on THE LINK!

When you get to the Google Drive folder that the link takes you to, download the ZIP file by "RIGHT CLICKING" on the ZIP file in the cloud archive (SEE IMAGE BELOW); park it someplace on your computer to some place easy to remember, such as C:\tmp or c:\downloads, OR EVEN MORE LIKELY, THE DEFAULT LOCATION YOUR BROWSER DOWNLOADS TO!

I cannot and won't help you with this; if you have issues, talk to your grand kids for help (I'm serious... this is not rocket science?)

Find the downloaded ZIP file on your computer, where YOU CHOSE to put it. Double crick on the ZIP file named "Alloy Installer Package.zip" Let it put the expanded files and directories wherever it wants to (it will likely be right there where the ZIP file is), but it might be a good idea to pay attention to where all this is happening, because you are going to need to come back to it!

• (most PCs will UNZIP this type of file w/o additional software or add ins.)
    • (You might have to right crick on the ZIP file and tell it what to do...)

When the package has unzipped, look in the new folder "Alloy Installer Package", dive down into it, and dbl. crick on "SETUP.EXE" that you find there. Ignore the others that are buried elsewhere.

Let it do what it wants. I promise it won't hurt your machine. If it does, you get your money back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Guys, I have lots more things to do in this world than screw with other people's computers. I am a retired Systems Engineer from Hewlett-Packard, and the spinoff of the original HP assets, Agilent Technologies, and now, subsequently, Keysight Technologies. I still teach software programming from time to time for Keysight.

If it is of any difference to 'yall, I wrote the software that has tested the antenna arrays for EVERY GPS SATELLITE that has been launched in the last 15 or so years, and the software that tests the amplifiers in EVERY PATRIOT MISSLE SYSTEM's RADAR since around 2007.

I CERTIFY THAT THIS IS A MOST HARMLESS, AND AT THE SAME TIME, MOST USEFUL PROGRAM FOR ALLOYING LEAD!!!!

Be a happy caster? Have fun with and enjoy this most useful program of my own creation:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5alty0jL7pIZExpT1M4bi05ZDg

You NEED TO RIGHT CLICK ON THE ZIP FILE and select "DOWNLOAD." See image below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drive download image.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	177298

And the view in the "Alloy Installer Package" directory:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	setup.jpg 
Views:	369 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	177299

Escapee from The People's Republik of Kalifornia - Now in AZ, "Where Free Men Live!"
    Has not anybody found this program useful?

I can't hardly cast w/o it?

Dudes.

I am a retired Hewlett-Packard Systems Engineer.

I don't screw around with people's computers.

If you are concerned about the integrity of my program, download it and do a virus scan before installing it.

Or do a SYSTEM SAVE before you install if you are still not sure? :

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System

Select "system protection"

On the "system protection" tab select "create a restore point."

You can always recover if you think there is an issue, which you certainly will not find?

ItBe squeeky clean, friends.

I would really appreciate some feedback here.

This is a "can't do w/o it" kind of program for me.

I wrote it for mesef, and am glad to share it.

mac

mac

Boolit Master

Hi Mac,
    First I've seen of this, thanks for the tool! I just downloaded, installed, and tried it. Most excellent. Saves me from beating on Excel.
    Ed

Moderator Emeritus

First time seeing it too. I need to access this from my laptop and install. Thanks