Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chapel is pretty dead ....huh ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Chapel is pretty dead ....huh ?

Sure ain't much happening here .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    i don't know about everyone else but I just can't seam to get enough rest.and haven't felt much like posting or reading. I haven't eaven been able to focus on the bible for a full chapter ?

We should be geting a cold snap first of next weak I'm hoping it will get me out of this funk
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    Yep...This time of year with allergies and all the bean dust and corn fines and road dust.... We'll all feel after the frost...I hope....

I am with RL69, just totally flat, doing good to get the garbage out and the dishes put away. Lawn has not been mowed in a month and it is only a 20 min job with our good riding mower.

I have been a bit concerned about it but the Holy Spirit keeps telling me that this too shall pass in time and I should just relax and slide with it.

This week I have taken a big step, for me anyway. I have always been a control freak. Not that I want to control others, I don't. But I do like to control me, my house, my life. Letting go of that control, putting it in the Lords hands has been hard for me. But this week it happened. I finally wore down to the point that I surrendered, gave it all to the Lord, and let it all go. My life is his to run as he see's fit.

So far it has been doing pretty well.

My wife has been terrified that I am going to the bad days of 16 years ago when my Adrenal Glands first failed. Medicine just has not been enough. Take a little more and I am agitated and a real mean ol he coon to deal with. Frankly I don't like either extreme and I am not very fond of these Blah's I'm in either.

I've had depression, that was more of the spirit, this seems more like physical.

If I had to take a guess I'd say chemtrail's but that puts me right over there in wacko territory.

Whoever it is that I hear in that still small voice when I listen just says relax. Don't fight this, don't wear yourself out. Save your strength. You are ready, you have prepared all you can manage to prepare. Cast a little if you like, read a little, watch some tv. This too shall pass.

So to all of my brothers sorry I have not been up to my usual standard.

I love you all, be well, be blessed!
    We'll get through this.

Repent! The Lord cometh with Judgement and shaking for this country that has turned away from him.
    Be at peace with your lord, be washed in the blood and forgiven of all sins at all times.

For no man knoweth the hour or the day. Truly he could be standing at your door now.

We are about to be shaken as this country has never been shaken. When you can spread the good news!

Beware those who would lead you astray.

Be ready like the wise bridesmaids who had oil enough. The groom comes, be not sleeping or unready.

So I guess it's not just me then. I've been flaming out for a couple of weeks now. So much to do, no energy to do it. Oh well, been here before. You're right Ghost, it will pass. I just can't shake the feeling of something big coming. Good/bad, not sure, just something major.
    Heavenly Father, please be close, show us, and guide us down the path that you have placed before us. Keep us strong and Faithful. Keep us comforted in our Salvation through Jesus Christ. In his name. Amen
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Moderator Emeritus

Well, it's kind'a reassuring to know it's not just me. This is my worst allergy season every year, and this year, it seems to be the worst ever. All the rain we've had has kept mold a near constant problem, and my vision is almost always clouded by tears in my eyes from whatver all allergies are keeping them that way lately. Maybe this is why folks used to have those harvest time get-togethers with music, etc. Plenty of food, song, dancing, jokes, laughter and comraderie. Fall festivals used to be a staple here in the South pretty much everywhere. They're very up-lifting things to go to. Kind'a gives one a new outlook for the coming winter.

A good, old-fashioned bluegrass based get-together can do wonders this time of the year. It just seems to "fit in" in so many right ways. Light hearted fun, great food always, and just simple folks being simply good and enjoyable to and for each other. Who couldn't benefit from that?

Boolit Master
    My allergies are giving me a beating this week. Haven't been on the forum quite as much but I usually make the chatroom in the morning =).
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

In Remembrance

Revival at church, Family reunion to get ready for, (first in 30 years), Endoscope, Colonoscopy, Prep for that, Trying to get cotched up on things left undone. Boy! Where did the time go?
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Super Moderator Emeritus
    Every excuse I have comes down to one thing, just have not had much to say.

Moderator Emeritus

The approach of fall is usually a pretty reflective time for anyone who's still to any degree introspective. I think it's fitting that we have this time. After all, "Unto everything there is a season." And if we don't take the time to look within ourselves, we really usually wind up falling prey to many things we ought not to. Introspective times are for self-discovery and self-analysis, and if we never question ourselves, we tend to err a lot more and more often. It's good to have some "alone time" now and then. Activity for the sake of activity is never a productive thing, but wasteful.

In Remembrance

Halleluyah! Revival was a big success. Many redeications but best of all was two more souls added to the family!
    Two young people accepted Christ Friday night. Rejoice my brethern! REJOICE!
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

In Remembrance

I have been extra busy with two family get togethers in two weeks and a busy work schedule. Allergies haven't bothered me since discovering Flonase, best $13 a month I ever spent.

its ok. God is always home.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Moderator Emeritus

Tahnks for the report Aspangler! Always great to hear. And we may well not have all that much longer to keep running the race. We never really know for sure. All Heaven rejoices when our numbers increase. I pray for their continued dedication.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Well guys

Is the Chapel meant for a few to preach from?

For me a Chapel is a place for any faith to come and reflect on.

A place to find peace and tranquility .

Vaya con DIOS
    Last edited by DCP; 09-24-2016 at 08:47 PM.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Matthew 21:28-32

28 But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
    29 He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
    30 And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
    31 Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you.
    32 For John came unto you in the way of righteousness, and ye believed him not: but the publicans and the harlots believed him: and ye, when ye had seen it, repented not afterward, that ye might believe him.

The folks who look the least religious will enter God’s kingdom ahead of religious leaders, because in the end they do God’s will.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Seems it's been a bad season for allergies , seen many with trouble and had to take Becky to clinic care twice . Non stop coughing from drainage , sore throat , nose running , couldn't sleep , low temp fever . Antibiotics , Flonase , steroids , codeine cough syrup at bed time . But she is better now .

I agree there is a great general sense of foreboding , threat to our lives with changes taking place in our country and the world . I'm constantly trying to figure out what is a natural progression of reality and the imposed evil of wrong of it all .
    My dad was born in a dugout in 1901 west of Stagestand OK. He was born before the Wright brothers accomplished the first manned flight at Kitty Hawk . He saw automobiles and electrical power come into daily use . He saw the radio happen then later television . Unbelievable medical progress , x ray , antibiotics , kidney and other organ transplants , cancer treatment , elimination of smallpox , vaccines for all the common childhood diseases . Nuclear fission , computers , ......Heck ! Ill stop there , too much to list . My dad went from being born and living in a dugout to seeing a man put on the moon .
    How did he deal with the change and at the same time living through two world wars and the great depression ? To me it's mind boggling .
    We are experiencing much change too but seemingly in a more negative way . Our country and the entire world is in chaos . I will not expound in detail all the source , problems or possibilities or the outcome because like you I don't know . We are in trouble .
    Our only recourse is to trust in our Lord . Of all the variable factors he is not one , he is still there , he is constant , he does not change . He is still in control and he still loves us . Use this Chapel and every place you can to seek his help in every aspect .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

"Be still and know that I am God."
    "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."
    "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven."
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Jeremiah 5:21 (‘Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not’).
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Moderator Emeritus

Lots of great sentiments and truth in the above posts. Every one of the folks I've always looked up to as "models" of Christianity were humble but joyful and always appreciative folks, men and women alike. They all also had a very serious side to them as well, when it was called for. And their love just exuded out from them as a very natural thing, like a light shining about them. And they have been from my parent's generation. Dad and Mom were two of these. Yeah, they had their faults. Who among us doesn't? But their core was what always shone through in any situation.

They took serious things seriously and light things lightly. Folks today wouldn't understand how lightly they took money and all the niceties we seem to take for granted so much these days. They appreciated the "little things," or what is passed off for those little things today. Their futures were indeed VERY much full of change and new developments. But most of them contained hope and promise, because they worked at it and EARNED it. Folks today aren't much interested in earning things, and tale little things seriously and serious things lightly. That's the difference.

Chuck Swindoll wrote a brief commentary on attitude, and I'll go try to find it and post it here when I'm done with this post. It is just a short synopsis of the importance of attitude in our lives, and how it can change a life, a church or a nation. I've never forgotten it from my first reading of it because it was, very simply, so descriptive of what I think is our generation's main problem today - simple attitude. Attitude controls MUCH more of our lives and what happens in it than seems possible, if you really think about it. In a world where cynicism and pretension and willfulness seems to run rampant around us, it's not easy to always keep our attitudes in line with what our Lord has laid out for us, but it's more important, perhaps now, than it's ever been in our history, if that's possible? I have a notion that if we fixed our attitudes, it'd go a long way towards fixing our nation and the world around us. It sure couldn't hurt!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast