Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxTitan Reloading
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another of many reasons to carry.

Boolit Master

Another of many reasons to carry.

Good bye.
    Last edited by Don Purcell; 02-22-2019 at 10:27 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Hope they got the owner of the pitbulls. If not, then I hope they got the dogs. Or both.

Prayers up for your brother in law.
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Boolit Master

Hopefully things go well. Keep us updated.

Dogs are actually one of the main reasons I decided to carry as a normal thing to do.

I hope things turn out well. Thanks for the post, it is another great reason to carry.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    That's terrible. I had two pit bulls come after me a few years ago. I pulled my pistol, and they stopped and ran away. Something tells me they had been shot at before.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Buddy
    If you shoot a dog, be on the look out for the owner. Most people are very attached to their animals. Sometimes the owner will also attack you.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the update. They really did get him from head to foot.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
    If you shoot a dog, be on the look out for the owner. Most people are very attached to their animals. Sometimes the owner will also attack you.
    There are four types of homicide: Felonious, Accidental, Justifiable, And Praiseworthy.
    Ambrose Bierce

Good Shooting

Lindy

Boolit Master

what a fighter! good.for him, I'm sorry the story didn't read, three pits attacked, he pulled his gun and shot them. I hope he heals.well!

Moderator Emeritus

And why I have zero trust for a pit bull. Yes they can be wonderful family pets until that switch flips and they go into attack mode...

Perma-Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    And why I have zero trust for a pit bull. Yes they can be wonderful family pets until that switch flips and they go into attack mode...
    kinda like them unsafe guns that folks have around.

horseapples...

Boolit Master
    A co-worker had to beat a pit bull off his smaller dog last week, it's going to cost him a bunch in vet bills. I told him just like in carpentry, there is the right tool for the job. The right tool in his case is a hollow point. I don't know if he got my point or not. I'm the only guy out of 30 or so on the jobsite who carrys. Be prepared, you just never know.

Banned
    The American Inbred Pitbull is as dangerous as a Venomous snake in your home.

Sure, Hot snakes can be kept as pets for decades with nary an issue, until the one day it bites you.

The "Pitbull" of today is FARRRRRRRRemoved from the English Bull Terrier it came from. Years of inbreeding and Psychological faults(extreme possessiveness, To-A-Fault loyalty and reduced tolerance against Aggression towards it's master) have killed that breed. Sure, statistically a beagle is more likely to bite you, but a beagle doesn't have a jaw able to crush bone and a reduced pain tolerance that when you kick it in the head, it just stares at you.

I'll bet half of the "Pitbulls are just misunderstood" people could not even spot the dog the mutt they have has been breed from.

Tons of pit bulls in Wichita. The owners are almost all really young men who probably don't have the time or money to raise it right or to properly take care of it.
    Really good dogs, but really dumb owners.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    why anyone would want a mean dog i will never know. i have two small dogs that would not hurt a fly. all a dog is supposed to do is to alert you. never trusted a pit bull and never will my nephew got 200+ stitches to his face by one of those cute loving pit bulls.

Boolit Master

My family has had/have a total of 4 pit bulls. They are not aggressive toward people. They are very friendly dogs. They have no problems with other dogs or cats either unless they are chasing one out of the yard.

The problem with some pit bulls is the owner chains them up in the back yard all by their self most of the time. These animals are not acclimated to be friendly with people or other animals.

Over the years I have heard the same nonsense about Dobermans, Akitas and Rottweilers.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by RED BEAR View Post
    why anyone would want a mean dog i will never know. i have two small dogs that would not hurt a fly. all a dog is supposed to do is to alert you. never trusted a pit bull and never will my nephew got 200+ stitches to his face by one of those cute loving pit bulls.
    My old man used to say that you can tell a lot about a person by the dogs they own.

Boolit Master
    there are over 1 million dogs bites per year in this country!!
    Many are for protection, I'll take a gun any day forget the dogs
    There aren't a million accidental shootings per year
    And most of the bites are family members

Boolit Buddy
    I own both a Doberman and a Rottweiler and they are both so socialized they would get up on your lap if you'd let them. A Couple of years back I'd heard a commotion going on outside and went to investigate... turned out to be a Rotty had my neighbor pinned up against his garage door unable to go forward or back. He said "Your dog got loose!" In my best Peter Sellers movie line I replied "Ees not my dogg". At which point the Rotty decided he had a new participant and charged over at me. I was holding a broom at this point (fat lotta good THAT would have done...) but couldn't decide if I really wanted to swing it. Dog saw the neighbor trying to get away and recharged at him. I retrieved a shotgun. When the dog came back at me I stood my ground and told it in a fairly calm voice that I really didn't want to shoot such a pretty dog but about one more step would do it. Dog figured it out and left, muttering to itself. I was proud that I didn't shoot it... I like big dogs. Two weeks later same dog cornered and attacked a teenager across the street. Next time I'll shoot the dog. Forget hollow points, bullet weight, caliber, all that... the shotgun is the right stick.

Boolit Master
    I'm not a Pit Bull fan, but I don't think they are any more dangerous than their owners make them. My family has always had big German Shepards. I have never seen such a bunch of sissified wimps in my life. Cushy beds and snacks whenever they want them seems to be the problem The jerks that raise their Pit Bulls to be mean should receive the same sentence as their pets when they attack somebody.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast