Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading EverythingLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggested 45 ACP loads for the Alien Zombie Apocolypse!!!!!!!

Boolit Mold

Suggested 45 ACP loads for the Alien Zombie Apocolypse!!!!!!!

Hi....This is my first post & I know this is probably in the wrong section...please excuse me. I have about 5K of once fired Federal 45ACP Brass & want to load Hollow Point Defence loads for the coming "Alien Zombie Apocolypse". This stuff is going to be stored bagged in ammo cans & probably never used. I am coming to this forum as I think you guys have the best knowledge of handloading on the net. I have everything from G.I. 1911A1 to Glock 21 to S&W 625 & even a M3A1 Greasegun. I have reloaded a lot of pistol ball ammo & my hunting rifle ammo, so, I am not a novice. My question is, what grain hollow point should I be looking at & it should be economical within reason. I would think a lighter than 230 grain would probably help with expansion & I am not opposed to a +P level, which the pressure is very humble in the 45 ACP world. Any bullet & powder picks would be appreciated. Thanks, Tim

Banned
    Try normal 230 gr RN pure lead bullets as they will expand very well. There is no real need for zombie hollow point loads the 230RN will work very well. Take the money you are saving and seek some pychological help with your zombie fantasy. I suggest that you also purchase a reloading manual so you don't try to over do things.

If you have a need for very anti-social round beyond the normal unpleasant side effects of a RNL in .45 cal. at 850 fps then try RNFP (round nose flat point) or TC (truncated cone) which due to the flat tip they hit like a sledge hammer. Not sure why you would bother. You know what the say "I use a 45 because shooting twice is just silly" hollow points are in every sense of the word overkill.

Ammo you pack away and don't shoot is a waste of components, reload and re-use to maintain an inventory makes way more sense. There is a prepper forum I think. I'm sure in that forum they would point out for zombie's you don't need big hard hitting rounds that cause shock and bleed out, nope, you need smaller milder round so you can have lots of tries for the all important zombie head shots. Like really what is wrong with our younger generation of zombie apocalypse preppers that they don't bother to learn the basics.

Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master

I run a 200 Grain H & I 68 Lee clone over 4 grains of bullseye for accuracy and will out shoot most loads in a 45 ACP (in my gun) It will function in most 1911s
    I can shoot this load all day long with one hand and will work on most Zombies.

You may want a few more beans behind your bullet. Just look up standard 45 ACP loads

Remember the 45 is a .451 big flying ash tray coming at you 800 ft/sec or so, best for close quarters. It will temporarily incapacitate most "Perps" with a vest on even if it won't penetrate. I don't run hollow points, 200-230 grain .451 will make two bleeding holes or crush bone with or without a hollow point.

I would be careful and not load too many up until you settle on a permanent gun, or function in most and accurate load for that gun or most guns.

Boolit Master
    Are you sure +P is a good idea in a 1911a1 or an M3a1?

Boolit Buddy
    I think the OP is over-thinking things...

I watched this documentary once where is was clearly demonstrated that a Katana used by a woman was the best choice to survive a coming zombie apocalypse.
    Now, I hasten to add, that this was the normal type of zombies... brain-dead-brain-eaters, democrats and people from Florida.... you know.
    I am uncertain how a katana or other edged weapons would work on Alien Zombies.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Moderator Emeritus

In Revelations, where John talks about the Apocalypse, there is no mention of Aliens or Zombies?
    But whateves...
    If I were seeking maximum flesh destruction in 45 acp, I'd use j-word 'star' HPs (the Liberals are surely scared of them ). But a heavy boolit with a large meplat would be a good second choice...I'm not really a fan of the HP in a boolit...even though I have a few molds that make 'em...if I could get all my $$$ back from those purchases, I'd do so.

the Lee 452-255-RF is a boolit I'd look for.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Mold
    See.....you guys are having fun with this thread! I do have standard pressure 45 LRN's that I shoot & I have thought about the Flat Point in lead, didn't the Air Force try that? Thanks for the help & to be honest, I am much more worried about our gun....or ammo rights if we continue the O'Bama legacy. Also, I think I'll pick up a Katana!

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by alnukem View Post
    SNIP...
    I am much more worried about our gun....or ammo rights if we continue the O'Bama legacy.
    Sadly there isn't much we can do about that, BUT the best chance we have is having a strong NRA...I hope you are a member.
    Good Luck,
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

My favorite 45 load is a 200gr swc atop 5 grains of green dot. Goes a touch over 900 fps. I keep lots of these on hand, so if the dead start rising or Mars attacks...I'll be ready for whatever comes.
    It's only hubris if I'm wrong.

Banned

I'm using the green-dot load right now too.
    but my next bunch will be with bulls-eye.
    I'm using up the green-dot in many, many shot shell loads.
    BTW the original milspec 45 acp load was made with bulls-eye.
    milspec is always good when a shtf type scenario comes, or if your just under siege by giant atomically mutated stuff.

Boolit Mold
    Now, on to more immediate problems. I am teaching my free range chickens to act as surrogate LRRP's. My problem is, they really aren't taking their responsibility serious.........any suggestions?????? Top That!

Boolit Buddy
    Chickens lack the intestinal fortitude for serious LRRP work... I mean, they're chicken!

Plus, they tend to hesitate or even freeze-up when coming upon a road or trail, anguishing over the philosophical reasoning of why they should cross the road to begin with....

Goats.
    What you need are goats and many of them for all your recon work.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

μολων λαβε

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker 45acp View Post
    Chickens lack the intestinal fortitude for serious LRRP work... I mean, they're chicken!

Plus, they tend to hesitate or even freeze-up when coming upon a road or trail, anguishing over the philosophical reasoning of why they should cross the road to begin with....

Goats.
    What you need are goats and many of them for all your recon work.
    What Camo Pattern should I paint the goats???? Thanks!

Boolit Master
    6 grains of Unique and a 200 grain SWC is the answer to your question.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by alnukem View Post
    What Camo Pattern should I paint the goats???? Thanks!
    Buckeyes???

μολων λαβε

Boolit Master
    If you plan on casting your own a 45 cal hp mold would be the ticket. 200 gr behind a charge of your favorite pistol powder and you're good to go.

Boolit Mold
    "BTW the original milspec 45 acp load was made with bulls-eye."

Thanks......it makes sense, but I didn't know that.

Thanks to all you who gave me some recommendations & please excuse some of our silliness, but it is kinda fun!

After reading and re-reading your original post a couple of times I can see that the key word is "alien". After all, zombies have been with us for a long time and can usually be observed on Black Friday at any shopping mall, and at most any time in various cocktail lounges. Aliens fall into two categories, the ones that come from outer space, and the ones than enter uninvited across our southern border. The second type can usually be dealt with satisfactorily using a 230 gr. cast RN or RNFP over 6.0 gr. of Unique. The first type is probably better handled with a light saber if you can tap into the Force. I'd still suggest that the saber be a minimum .45 cal., although some prefer .68 cal.

Boolit Master

The chickens are upset they took the straight lrrp units and "folded" them into rangers.
    No sense of identity within the rest of the barnyard troops.

Assault goats are the coolest.
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast