RepackboxTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Verse for 9/18

Boolit Master

Verse for 9/18

He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time, 10 but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel. 11 And of this gospel I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher. 12 That is why I am suffering as I am. Yet this is no cause for shame, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until that day.
    13 What you heard from me, keep as the pattern of sound teaching, with faith and love in Christ Jesus. 14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Derek . Hope you and yours have a great Sunday !
    No turning back , No turning back !

Thanks, Derek. Got to this late in the day. What a nice finish to the day.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master
    I cheated and stole it from service this morning anyways
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

You didn't steal it you shared it ! Thanks again .

Moderator Emeritus

That phrase, "not because of anything we have done," sure is humbling. It always hits me hard because I once tried to rely on my own ability to reason things out, and find answers, and thought I could and should "EARN" salvation. It may have been well motivated, by my feeling I "owed it to Him," but it never quite worked that well, and I couldn't understand why. Then I just set my mind at ease and learned to appreciate all He has given us, and suddenly, answers started to appear, despite my lack of real effort. This was a revelation to me, and quite surprising. At least I was humble enough to recognize it when it happened, and not given to making up explanations to salvage my ego. Things just are what they are, and when we learn to accept that, things suddenly start making a lot more sense, and fall into place like a jigsaw puzzle that puts its own self together.

Sometimes, we just have to prepare the "ground" for the seeds to take root, and submission and acceptance seems to be the best plow (maybe the only one?) for this. Submission didn't come easy for me. I'd long been one who thought things could only be dealt with by our own asserted actions
    . I was just wrong! Now, I feel rather sheepish whenever I think of how wrong I was and for how long I persisted in the error in my thinking. I simply LIKED being (or thinking of myself as being) "master of my own world and fate." Some of us wake up rather slowly, and I think I was one of the drowsiest ever! But it doesn't have to STAY that way, IF we're simply humble enough to look at things how they simply are. It can be a long path to understanding when we keep blocking our own way! But all paths have an eventual destination, and I'm just grateful that the winding way I took finally wound up where I'd long sought to be. And it ain't over yet! Apparently, the Lord still has things for me to do! Now that I'm more submissive, I'm SO much happier, can see so much further now that the air's clearer, and not muddied by my own aspirations. Ain't it funny how that works?

Good post . Most of us thought we were in control too . It's better and easier to let him lead the way . Thanks !