Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Time to step up

Boolit Buddy
    We OWN a 23 ton woodsplitter which looks like new. Runs great.
    Read above about the help coming today. He had to make an emergency vet run for a cat that was bit by something in the neck. So, he is excused for abscence yesterday. We'll see how good he is at doing firewood.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Check the local high schools for Vo Ag classes and FFA ( Future Farmers of America ). They do comunity service and help out the people in the community. Also use the Mark Twain technique with the FFA students. Make it a wood splitting contest for them. WHo can split the most with one blow, who can split the most wood in a given time. Teenagers love to compete against each other and an older guy there letting them beat him keeps them going. Ill bet the wood would be split in no time flat. Also check local schools for auto classes as they are ussually looking for projects to work on.
    Wife to Gray Wolf. It was time to get my own handle I guess cause

Boolit Buddy
    Yes! The young man who is going to do the wood is here!!!! There are a couple other guys going to help a bit this week. He says they should have it done by sometime this week. What a relief. Praise the Lord.

Boolit Buddy

/\/\/\/\ ......... Glad to hear the wood is being dealt with, see the Lord will answer your prayers. You just have to remember he works on his schedule, not yours ....
    Livin' my dream in a little cabin on a mountain .....
    USN Vet 1972-1980, Retired CA Peace Officer, NRA Lifer
    Plank Owner - USS Jesse L. Brown (DE-1089) 17Feb73 / USS Kinkaid (DD-965) 17Jul76
    RIP Mom & Brother, you will never be forgotten & forever loved

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
    Check out this Cherokee. 1 owner, low mileage. Good maintenence. We like the looks of this car. Only problem is that it's in New Jersey..........!

https://www.carfax.com/vehicles/1J8G...and--riverdale)
    Jeeps are not only expensive to buy they are also costly to run,repair and insure. You'll normally pay more upfront for a Jeep because of the name and any Jeep only parts are pricey insurance is higher too because of the parts prices and the rollover record.
    Cost wise you would do much better with an Explorer, and that's coming from a GM fan.
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Buddy
    THIS is the type of feedback we are looking for altho the jeep has been taken care of very carefully. All the major stuff has been repaired already altho they may need it again. What we are looking for is cost, mileage and no rust. Also something big enough for two big dogs. We know our Expedition is big enough for Ashly and Sophie. Once we go down in size, then we need to make sure they will fit with enough room for the big girl to lay down as that is what she does when she is riding.

Those heated seats in the Cherokee sound great and it does have the bigger 17 inch tires so it will handle our snow up here. And we do get snow and ice.

As to cost of parts? Ford parts are no way cheaper. BTDT........with the Expedition.

But, then my brother used to build Chevys and he has driven Ford trucks for years. So, I am steering away from them due to his opinions of actually building them in Flint Michigan for about 40 years.....

Quote Originally Posted by merlin101 View Post
    Jeeps are not only expensive to buy they are also costly to run,repair and insure. You'll normally pay more upfront for a Jeep because of the name and any Jeep only parts are pricey insurance is higher too because of the parts prices and the rollover record.
    Cost wise you would do much better with an Explorer, and that's coming from a GM fan.

Boolit Buddy
    PayPal total for tonight as of 11:30 pm is $1975.69. That is with donations thru the snail mail also.

Woo hoo. Getting there. Praise God and God bless all of you for helping.

As to the wood. Had 3 youngsters working late today. They got a LOT done so far. Probably a couple days to get it finished up they think. They were tag teaming....! Wish we had that kind of energy and good bodies........

Sorry for late update tonight. Had to watch the debate......shiver....

Moderator Emeritus

Biggest problem with the Jeep SUV's is the window mechanisms... friend had 2 of them, she replaced the window parts 4 times in each one before selling them off as lemons.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Mary, I will check the service record on these cars for that problem. Good to know.

Boolit Grand Master

Julie, since they are teenagers you and Sam ought to plan to teach them to stack wood so that it won't fall. It is a learned skill!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    Not teenagers. At least in their 20's. I call anyone younger than me a kid nowdays........grins. And they are doing a great job so far. I did an inspection last night to make sure the wood is neat and positioned so it won't fall... Good job so far.

Boolit Buddy
    Sam here, many thanks for all the help and Prayers.
    The two boy's are indeed doing a good job on the wood, I think they will have it done in two more day's.

I can't say what a relief it is for us.

Sam

Boolit Buddy
    The head guy came back this morning with another friend and they worked about 5 hours hard on the wood. Looks like about 1/2 of it split and stacked at this point. Very friendly, POLITE young men. They took a few short breaks to catch their breath but they were really working hard out there. Thinking we need to keep the head guy's phone number for handiwork.

Makes us happy to find good, strong, you guys who can put in the time and effort and save our old joints and backs.
    Praise God !

Boolit Buddy
    Total in the PayPal and snail mail donations for today is now $2071.90.

God bless you all.

Been a long one today with a dr appointment this morning then other stuff needing to be done. Not feeling well today so good night to all of you fine people.

Boolit Buddy
    Total in the PayPal and snail mail donations for today is now $2213.98.

God bless all who are helping us.

Looks like tomorrow will call an end to the firewood splitting and stacking. They worked a couple hours late this afternoon. They waited awhile since it rained last night and the wood was wet. They covered it tonight to make sure it's dry for tomorrow's push. They are also going to help us with some other things this winter so Sam and I don't have such a hard time dealing with snow issues. Thank God we found these strong young men who are willing to work and willing to help an senior couple.

Good night to all.

Boolit Master

Total for yesterday was $2250.

Looks like today will be last day for the guys and the woodpile. They were here only a couple hours then had to leave. Supposed to be here early today. Not much left to the woodpile then the cleanup and they will be done. Thank God.

Sorry we haven't been more interactive with you all. I have not been feeling good due to medication changes and Sam hurt his back again. So, it's been a few difficult days for us.

We really appreciate all the help and kindness shown by Cast Boolets. It's nice to know that not the whole world has gone nutz.

God bless and have a great day.

Julie...(forgot we were logged in as Sam......)
    Last edited by gray wolf; 09-30-2016 at 02:35 PM.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

Boolit Buddy
    The wood is done and in the shed. The yard is raked up and all that needs done is for us to grease up the splitter and put it away. Our guy is coming back to help with that and we asked him about doing our snowblowing this winter. We have a very nice snowblower we just don't have the legs to do it anymore. We really appreciated this young man and his friends for doing this so fast. It's a major relief to both of us to have it done. Maybe next year get it all in the shed earlier. Our guy is ok with that.

So now back to finding that vehicle and getting that done and maybe our stress level will be a lot less. After the year we have had, that will indeed be a blessing of greatness.

God bless.

Boolit Buddy
    Total in the PayPal and snail mail donations for today is now $2475.98.

We paid the young men who split and stacked our firewood from the remaining money from Sophie's funds.
    They are done except for a few mins of putting the splitter away and such.

God bless you all and have a good night. We will sleep better tonight knowing that pile of firewood has been dealt with for this year. Good night.

Moderator Emeritus

I know the back issues all to well. I have been sidelined all week with a massive back spasm that was so bad I almost went to the ER for morphine 2 nights ago.Really put a crimp in my fall schedule.

Boolit Buddy
    Mary, we use a massage oil called Arnica Warming Oil made by NOW foods. Works great with a little heat over it. I get it off Amazon. Goes a long way as you only need a few drops.

Boolit Buddy
    Total in the PayPal and snail mail donations for today is now $2765.

Have a good night and God Bless you all.

Julie and Sam

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast