Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 30-06 lightweight "training loads"

Boolit Mold
    I don't see as well anymore either, but I've been shooting 150 grain bullets with 10 grains of unique for over a year. At 50 yards I can generally group 9 shots in a quarter with a 4 power scope on a sandbag. And it doesn't hurt my shoulder. I don't like using unique in my pistols cause it always leaves some unburnt powders not matter what I do.

Boolit Master

I also have about quit using Unique powder in everything except the .41 magnum because of the dirty burning (unburned powder). It is a great powder though when you get the chamber pressure up in a cartridge. james

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    For the last year and a half the only thing I can find for Nosler ballistics tip is .308 125 grains locally on the shelf for some goofy reason. I would assume Nosler must be thinking they have a 300 black out market niche to fill? I can tell you they do work pretty good on deer and pronghorn out my 300 RUM at 4000 fps. lol. Back when I started reloading 25 years ago I wanted something that would shoot flat with at least drop as possible. They hold together and blow huge holes and stuff at high speeds. Let me tell you. Sure they would work good for extremely light loads in 30-06.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123