RotoMetals2WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What brand of Brass do you all like for 9.3 x 62?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    And the shell holder should be the same one for all those cartridges, including the 30-06 and .308, 7x57, 8x57, 45ACP, etc..
    Ahhhh, okay...thank you!

I found an old Lyman Shell Holder Table and it had the 9.3 x 62 listed and says use the "No. 2" Shell Holder...seeing as my Press is a Lyman "Tru Line Jr', I need the older style tall one rather than the short little stubby one for the 'All American' et al.

Went on the ebay and five seconds later, got a buy it now one for a few bucks, so, Lyman No. 2 Shell Holder is on it's way as we speak.

Of course, we'll see once my Lapua ( and maybe Norma also ) Brass gets here, how well they fit.

Fingers crossed...
    Last edited by Oyeboten; 09-15-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seaboltm View Post
    found my data. PM sent. it is in PDF format.
    Got it!!

Thanks so much for that! I printed it out and I am starting a Folder.

While I am asking...

Are there any particular make of Dies I would do best to be looking for?

I know with other Cartridges, there are sometimes some makes which experienced loaders do not like, and other makes they do like.

I have an old monsterous HERTERS Single Stage Press, and so if I could find some Herter's Dies, ( and a Herter's Shell Holder ) that might be pretty alright.

Otherwise, I have an aftermarket Turret for my "Tru Line Jr" which allows me to use the usual "fat' diameter Dies.

Finding some 310 Dies in 9.3x62, is likely slim odds I expect...

I used Redding dies, PPU and Hornady brass, PPU 286 gr Bullets and the brute was very accurate. (CZ 550) I switched to .358 Win because I couldn't find the Lyman mould I wanted. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeboten View Post
    While I am asking...

Are there any particular make of Dies I would do best to be looking for?
    Redding is kind of the Lapua of loading dies. Never mind loading great ammo with them - they're just nice to take out of the box to LOOK at.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I used Redding dies, PPU and Hornady brass, PPU 286 gr Bullets and the brute was very accurate. (CZ 550) I switched to .358 Win because I couldn't find the Lyman mould I wanted. Best, Thomas.
    I gather "IDEAL" or "LYMAN" only offered the one Mold, the .366 408 Model, to suit the 9.3x62 Cartridge, and I expect it is a hard Mold to find.

Since most of my interest will be with Cast Boolits, and also Paper Patch, I of course managed to elect a Cartridge which will pose some challenges as for finding Molds to suit it. Lol...

I may just have a Mold custom made once I have thought more about what shape and weight Boolit to settle on, with no way of trying out various ones to do that, since no such are available and no such Molds available, so...oh well, it will be fun no matter.

Once the old Beest arrives, I will slug the Bore and brood on things, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslug View Post
    Redding is kind of the Lapua of loading dies. Never mind loading great ammo with them - they're just nice to take out of the box to LOOK at.
    That sounds nice...

I will see if I can find some Redding Dies then.

Does one generally have to re size for the 9.3x62?

Or, am I just going to need a Die for Seating, and one for Crimp, and one to slightly flair the Case mouth for Boolit seating?
    Last edited by Oyeboten; 09-16-2016 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeboten View Post
    That sounds nice...

I will see if I can find some Redding Dies then.

Does one generally have to re size for the 9.3x62?

Or, am I just going to need a Die for Seating, and one for Crimp, and one to slightly flair the Case mouth for Boolit seating?
    The sizing die is needed. I think you will need a custom mould unless you can get by with a 9mm Mak 95gr mould. Might be a great practice bullet? And the seating die will crimp also. A chamfer tool is handy to have. Good Luck!

The sizing die is needed. I think you will need a custom mould unless you can get by with a 9mm Mak 95gr mould. Might be a great practice bullet? And the seating die will crimp also. A chamfer tool is handy to have. Good Luck!
    Okeydoke...I copy...thank you!

I will find a 'Redding' Die "3" set and I will plan to resize my Cases.

I do plan to experiment with some light Bullets light Loadings, and light Bullets with 'Express' Loadings, for 100 yard Paper Target...so, I will try anything which will fit..!

No idea what propellant/Powder would be good for that though ( ie: a 95 Grain .366 ish Bullet, but heck, at that point, I may as well just use Round Ball! And too, I am not sure how something 'short' in length will get along with the Rifling, or at what speeds, but, I will find out... ) given the Case volume.

I'll be learning all kinds of things with this Rifle, which is a big part of my reason for getting it...it is a Rifle which invites doing one's own Loading, and which invites learning.
    Last edited by Oyeboten; 09-17-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Keep us posted on your 9.3 x 62 journey. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Buddy
    I shoot 9.3x62 here in the UK. Going reload my once fired RWS and Norma brass

Boolit Grand Master

NOE makes at least one mold for the 9.3's - I have one. I'm on vacation or I'd go look at the number. If you go to the site he has them listed by caliber.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    NOE makes at least one mold for the 9.3's - I have one. I'm on vacation or I'd go look at the number. If you go to the site he has them listed by caliber.
    Thanks!

I'll go have a look.

Keep us posted on your 9.3 x 62 journey. Best, Thomas.
    Thank you!

Rifle ought to be arriving soon...

I have not sent off for any Brass yet, but, I'll do that soon also.

Still need Dies, but I do see that 'Redding' still lists them, so, if I can not find a used set, I can get a new Set.

I'll slug the Bore ( not sure with what, but, I'll figure something out, maybe a round Ball for a Cap & Ball Revolver might work I can roll one between some steel plates and get it down close enough to push it through ) and see what I have bore diameter wise.

I might just get a box of Cartridges to try it out a little, since my loading for it is going to be some ways away yet.

I'm assuming your new to you rifle is a Mauser?

I have to jump in and recommend Privi Partizan from Grafs. Loaded ammo, brass & bullets- all good all inexpensive. Best, Thomas.
    I too have went this route , I have some from 30-06 it is a lot of work and not much for brass life. I will stick with getting PPU brass. and Graf is the easiest to get it out of

I'm assuming your new to you rifle is a Mauser?

Husqvarna...older one, not sure yet how old, but, seller thought 1940s maybe 1950s.

Has not shipped yet, but any day now...once it gets here, I will be doing my best to find out all I can about it.

I think Husqvarna used Mauser Style Receivers, but I do not know whether they made them or bought them from Mauser.

Here is an image from the Auction listing

Hosted on Fotki

Husqvarna used FN actions for their sporter rifles after the WW2. I have just sold one made in the early 50's. Yours looks to be unmolested.
    LuckyLes

Boolit Buddy
    The barrel contour looks like Mauser.

When we say Husqvarna used Mauser or FN Actions...do we mean they made their own under License? Or, do we mean that they bought the Actions from Mauser or FN?
    Last edited by Oyeboten; 09-23-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast