Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication

Thread: Wow, LEE Auto Disc Pro!

Wow, LEE Auto Disc Pro!

I set about this weekend to load 500 110gr. FMJ .30 Carbine since I stumbled on the components I bought years ago. Set up the Hornady LNL AP with the LNL powder measure that came with it and started to go to work. After some 20 cartridges the Powder Cop didn't look right, too high on one. Turned out the case held 19+ gr. of H110 instead of the planned and set 14.5 gr. I tore down the rest just to be sure of the load, the rest held between 14.2 and 14.6gr. Okay, try again. Same thing, after 20-some cartridges another grossly excessive load.

This ain't no way to treat a 1942 Underwood Carbine! Well I busted out the LEE Auto Disc, made the needed adjustments and began throwing charges, a bit on the light side, but a depth adjustment took care of that to within 1/10 gr. I was throwing 14.4gr. instead of the 14.5, but that was okay. The LEE went through 505 .30 Carbine on the LNL AP without a hitch or hick-up. Of the loads I weighed, I had a low of 14.3 and a high of 14.5gr.

The LEE Auto Disc Pro did exactly what I bought it for, more precise small charges quickly, consistently, and accurately. I had not tried it on the progressive before, but it's money well spent and out preformed a measure more than twice it's cost. Highly recommended.

Boolit Master
    I have one on a loadmaster , and am completely happy with it on 9mm ,357 , and 45s I have learned to trust it .

Boolit Master

Similar experience here. I ended up pulling 500 rounds of 40S&W as the Hornady measure had drifted badly. I have 3 Hornady measures gathering dust and the LnL AP's are outfitted with Lee Auto Disk measures today. I also use these measures on Pro7 units as well as Pro-Jector's. The economy and accuracy of the Lee units make them a winner, in my book.
    Liberalism is the triumph of emotion over intellect, but masquerading as the reverse.

I don't know how we ever shot maximum loads before P/C come along and saved us all. R5R

"No mosque in the United States flies an American flag."

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

I would have been out for scalps if I had to pull 500 boolits! I noticed less leakage with the LEE also. I may have to buy another just to have around!

Boolit Master

For pistol its hard to beat the lee. My next favorite is the rcbs lil dandy

i know own one for each of my common calibers that i shoot for my load master, so i have full die drop in. 9mm 45 acp 45 colt. soon will be getting one for 38 special and 223

Boolit Master
    I am curious what powder you were using?

I used mine last weekend with W231 which I thought would measure better than Unique and still had issues with high variances between loads. I tried with the disc as well as with the charge bar with the same result.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master
    My LnL powder drop is still sitting unused. I got so used to my autodisk that when i did the "pro" upgrade I never switched back . One of their finer products IMHO. I'm considering just buying a second one and selling the LnL drop.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master
    I know that Unique is tough to get consistent measures with, but how consistent has W231 been in the Auto Disc Pro?
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

I haven't tried W231 in mine yet, just 800x and H110 so far and both were very consistent, much more so than with a drum measure. ( I have the LNLAP, Lyman 55, and Redding match grade)

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ghh3rd View Post
    I know that Unique is tough to get consistent measures with, but how consistent has W231 been in the Auto Disc Pro?
    I'm currently running HP-38 (same as W231) in my Auto Disk, with 6.2 gr in a light .357 load. Every load I've checked has been right at 6.2, except for first load of the session, which is usually one or two tenths higher.

By the way, if you like the Auto Disk, check out the new Lee Auto Drum---really great measure that's incredibly easy to use with all different powders and infinitely adjustable on-the-fly. Also very inexpensive.

Boolit Master
    Wondering if it's the same for everyone else using the auto disk -- brass is seems pretty tight, and then the whole press is jolted when it finally lets go.
    Plata o plomo?
    Plomo, por favor!

Boolit Master

This is fairly standard, there are a couple of things you can do. You can polish the insert, or the better way is to get the PTE from NOE to replace it, they are cheap and give you a step like the M Dies do.

Hi:

What does PTE stand for?

Thanks,

Terry

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=terryt;3782854]Hi:

What does PTE stand for?

Powder Thru Expander....charlie