Titan ReloadingGraf & SonsADvertise hereLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2StainLess Steel Media

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Accurate PC 350 Yds part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Wreck-n-Crew View Post
    My 225gr molds are due in soon as it has shipped. However i have run into a problem. Load data! I don't have any load data for a 225gr cast bullet. It looks like i will have to work some up while checking for pressure signs. I also can use the chrono as a compass.another choice i need to make is which powder. So much to mull over.

I know H4895 is a forging powder for reduced loads which will give me wiggle room on the low end of the charges to start. However im not sure H4895 is the best powder for accurate 308 loads.

Open to suggestions. Til then, happy safe loading!
    PM sent

Just wanted to say thanks for the pm Forrest r . i really appreciate that message.

Also thank the pioneers and all the contributors to this thread and others like it. I am exited about this journey!

Molds shipped..due this week. Hopefully some results when i get a good day at the range.

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    Read through the whole thread . I know Lee can be controversial at times but he has always sworn that the best cast bullet accuracy comes right when the firing process just slightly exceeds the yield point of the bullet alloy.

I was pondering a swage die made from part of the barrel itself, it might allow controlled swaging of the bullet with rifling on the nose . One can order a barrel longer than 27" blank (intended to finish 26") and specify that the added material be on the breech end, making the 1.2" straight section longer. This would allow the bump up into the rifling form to be a slow controlled process....the exact throat could be duplicated as well.

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master
    Forrest, 5744, and varget both have worked well for me in 308w. Word of caution, the crnograph. May not give the best max load information. In my guns the measured velocity is 150 to 350 FPS faster with pc compared to Lyman’s velocity for given loads. I think you will be pleased with results!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910