Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2Load Data
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Labels!? how do you guys label?

Labels!? how do you guys label?

For years I used masking tape and a sharpie, works great but sometimes it became hard to read my own writing. I used a label maker once and was hooked. Now I got one for my birthday with assorted colors of tape. Plan is to have each color reserved for a class of item i.e. Ammo, parts, reloading dies, brass.

These aren't too expensive it seems and the tape isn't as bad as you might think! the one I got also does bar codes and everything in between! I could bar code all my ammo and set up my own inventory system! oh wait...the gov't would like that I think...hmmmm

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...3/DSC05732.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...DSC05734_1.jpg
    Last edited by wonderwolf; 09-08-2016 at 12:14 AM.
    My firearms project blog

The MCM boxes I use come with labels, I use those.

I run out of those really quick it always seems like.....I should mentioned for load data I've always used old discontinued retail stickers that my dad would bring home for just that purpose.
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Master
    I use post-its. When I plan a load I copy down all the details from the loading manual on the post-it (brass, bullet, type of powder, powder charge, COL, etc). The post-it sits in front of me on the bench as I set up the powder measure and load the cartridges, then I stick the post-it on the inside of the box lid.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Buddy

I made a detailed template in MS Word that aligns with Avery label stock and print out whatever I need.
    Valley Forge

Moderator Emeritus

I use the Avery Label program. Every box gets a label that tells the bullet weight, powder charge, OAL, primer and lot number for the primers, and the date it was made. I also make an extra label and that goes in my log book next to the entry for that batch of ammo. I can reference every round I've loaded for the past 21 years, when I started my log. I just wish I'd started the log back when I started loading in 1963...........

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Banned

midway sells labels by the roll pretty cheap. Ive used them for years.

Masking tape and a pen,pencil or sharpie.
    I have MTM and avery labels but I'm always misplacing them

I also use Avery removable labels. But just caliber, bullet and powder info. I don't go full retard with every little possible detail, that has no appeal to me. I print sheets of labels with good load recipes, and sheets with just the caliber, and I fill in the bullet and powder details in pen.

But the removable labels work great for me. I use the white boxes from Midway, just peel off the old label and slap on a new one. Also use them on ammo cans of boxed ammo and coffee cans full of brass.

Boolit Man
    I use Avery business cards and have a template that I print out for them. Then they get taped to the inside of the MTM ammo boxes. The nice thing is they peel right off when I am done. I found the MTM labels leave a really sticky residue. All of my brass and bullets in processing get a slip of paper in the container that denotes what step they are on in the process. Has worked for me so far.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Hick View Post
    I use post-its. When I plan a load I copy down all the details from the loading manual on the post-it (brass, bullet, type of powder, powder charge, COL, etc). The post-it sits in front of me on the bench as I set up the powder measure and load the cartridges, then I stick the post-it on the inside of the box lid.
    Same here but I do plan on becoming more anal with my record keeping.

Boolit Master
    I forget where I got it, but I have a full size sheet of labels that I print and cut out. I found the left over resume paper was thicker and held up slightly better than plain paper. I just drop one card in each bag or bucket I'm reloading into, then when it is full I seal it up.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Grand Master

On test loads I use 3x5 index cards. I write the loading data on the lined side and when testing the loads the basic strings data and series number goes on the back. When I get home the card gets the top edge taped to a page in my NoteBook ( 3" 3 ring binders). This allows it to be lifted to see the back and underneath it. and the full strings data transfered to the page underneath the card. This gives me all the data in one place and easy to find by caliber. The 3 ring binder allows pages to be added as needed in a given caliber. The 3x5 lined index card gives enough room, a package of them isnt expensive, and they fit in alongside the 20 round ammo boxes or the tops of 40 rds boxes I use.

I haven't used this yet but probably will. This looks like a nice box label:http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ing-Box-Labels

I have used all sorts of methods depending on what I want identified. If I am loading volume 204, 17 Rem, etc, and boxing them, a lot of times I will just put a small Avery round or rectangular sticker on the outside of the box for quick ID and can be taken off quickly if needed. I have used a significant number of Dillon, Midway, Hornady and other freebies that either came with boxes or bullets also. I do see where keeping track of more information such as trimming, X times loaded, Powder type, charge and lot #, primer, bullet, etc. could be quite useful sometimes. Most of the time, I just stick the detailed label inside the box with backing on. This can present problems when it is windy to keep the label from blowing around.

Boolit Grand Master

I too use Avery labels (thanks to my secretarial inclined wife 12 years ago). I think they are 2"x4" and template info is available on Avery's site...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

In Remembrance

I was in an Office Depot store once looking for something or other when I came across 3M brand large folder sized peel & stick white blank labels. There were all different sizes available, I chose the 3"x3".

They remove fairly easily or put another label over it. I write all the perteniant info I want on with sharpie or pen. I believe there are several hundreds in each folder.Robert

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    I too use Avery labels (thanks to my secretarial inclined wife 12 years ago). I think they are 2"x4" and template info is available on Avery's site...
    Here is a neat way to get those Avery Labels Printed up.
    The labels may also be printed on plain note paper, cut out and fastened on with clear tape.

Precision Cartridge Box Label Printer

Respectfully,
    Tom Myers
    Precision Shooting Software

I use Lyman labels on my plastic MTM ammo boxes then when finished shooting box I peel labels off and place them besides my load data in my reloading log book, also Lyman.

Boolit Buddy
    I just print a full page of these, cut them up, fill them out and set them in the box. Cheap and easy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	168892.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	63.3 KB 
ID:	176256
    What is best in life?
    1. Crush your enemies
    2. See them driven before you
    3. Hear the lamentations of their women

Boolit Master

Small post it note with 2" clewr packing tape over it so it don't blow away and once a load is found, I type it up on a word program, print cut and again, 2" packing tape.