RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Repackbox

Thread: sub johnsons wax

Boolit Mold

sub johnsons wax

is there any other liquid wax that can be used in BLL?

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.
    None that I have Found have the Base Co-Polymers ( 2 were proprietary) & I have searched! I can purchase one but not the other 2 Best we can all do is fork up the money and buy the patent from SCJ! The Co-polymers in the Liquid Johnson's is why BLL works so well (has nothing to do with their wax content)
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    Johnson's discontinued that wax in October 2015. Last week I was browsing in a local store and saw three cans sitting on a shelf. Not there any more.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Txkeeter, try looking at local Home Depot or lowes stores. Call them on the phone first, they should be able to tell you if it's in stock or not. Save you some driving time. Good luck!
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Buddy
    Txkeeter; If you can't find the Johnson's wax, Get either Lundmark Liquid Paste Wax # 3208 or Mother's Finishing wax as neither have any abrasives in them. No cleaner wax's.
    Theres a lot of information in the BLL post above.

None that I have Found have the Base Co-Polymers ( 2 were proprietary) & I have searched! I can purchase one but not the other 2 Best we can all do is fork up the money and buy the patent from SCJ! The Co-polymers in the Liquid Johnson's is why BLL works so well (has nothing to do with their wax content)
    Could we even make it if we access to the copolymer? Best I recall addition of wax would necessitate pretty high pressure. No?

Based on your post you likely have better knowledge of the mix, manufacture, and process than I do (or did).
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Mold
    found 2 cans at local hardware store today

Boolit Mold
    I found 4 cans of johnsons on the shelf to day. Its still out there,just got to be luckey

Bill has found a replacement for the Johnson's. It is called Lundmark liquid wax. He says he still prefers the Johnson's but the Lundmark works. His current ratio is 35:30:35 (Lundmark, Xlox, Mineral spirit)
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by reed1911 View Post
    Bill has found a replacement for the Johnson's. It is called Lundmark liquid wax. He says he still prefers the Johnson's but the Lundmark works. His current ratio is 35:30:35 (Lundmark, Xlox, Mineral spirit)
    Did you mean "Ben"? If not, here's a link to Ben's work on finding a replacement- which would indicate verification :
    http://www.artfulbullet.com/index.ph...42/#post-30898

Yep, Ben not Bill.

When you label your squirt bottle BLL I suspect thinking of him as Bill is a natural thought
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

I can't find the Johnsons (of course) or the Lundmark stuff locally, but I did find Bruce lite 'n' natural liquid paste wax and cleaner. I wonder if I could use it instead? I found an MSDS for it, but it doesn't show what waxes it uses. Here's a link if one of you chemists want to look.

http://www.efloors.com/bruce-lite-n-...alog_17050.htm

Oh yeah, it seems like they don't make this stuff anymore either.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by c1skout View Post
    I can't find the Johnsons (of course) or the Lundmark stuff locally, but I did find Bruce lite 'n' natural liquid paste wax and cleaner. I wonder if I could use it instead? I found an MSDS for it, but it doesn't show what waxes it uses. Here's a link if one of you chemists want to look.

http://www.efloors.com/bruce-lite-n-...alog_17050.htm

Oh yeah, it seems like they don't make this stuff anymore either.
    c1skout; You can order Lundmark Liquid Paste Wax (3208) at any hardware store. I had
    to order it at the TrueValue hardware store, May have to see the manager if it's not on
    the shelf. Stay away from any of the cleaner type wax's as they have abrasives in them
    to polish the paint.