First Hand experience. Effects on meat: 7/8 oz Lee drive key slug & Lee 124 grain Truncated Cone TL .356" 9mm bullet.

As I shot today the 9mm Federal Rimmed I looked specially at the 124 grain Lee TC TL lead cast bullet and noticed in all instances the base of the bullet is NOT deformed nor any signs of lead melting. I do not have a leading Problem. I use Texaco Marfak MP2 (NLGI 2 in the USA) Lithium grease as lead bullet lubricant and so far never had any leading issue.
Another Observation I noticed that as I do not water quench the cast bullets they stay the softest possible. As they are soft they are prone to deform very easily and do deform very badly. In any Shooting (cowhead, Wood or other) These (recuperated) lead cast bullets deform badly. So no Need for Hollow Points.

I shot an cowhead (bigger calf ready to slaughter while slaughtering. I shot it after it bleeded out after throat cut and stabbed in the heart) today once with the 9mm Federal Rimmed 124 grain Truncated Cone cast and half of the bullet was sheared off and deformed badly. The bullet entered the front top head and got stuck in the tongue. As well this same cowhead I shot with the 7/8 oz Lee drive key slug and that slug entered sideways of the mouth and got stuck deeply in the neck were it crushed and broke Mayor structural bones. It was sheared off in half and 1/4 of it I found nearby and the other 1/4 was basically obliterated in small pieces. It has an pleasant recoil (very light) but I believe sufficient stopping power. Best Thing of the 7/8 oz slug is it DOES NOT DESTROY MEAT at all (factory slugs tend to destroy huge amounts of meat render it unusable)