Lee PrecisionLoad DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lee Bulge Buster for 45 ACP

Only problems I have is generally with "range brass" or ones that were fired I. Some of our loose SMG chambers.

If you have never had a 45acp feed issue, go find some wood to knock on.

I generally like a combination that will feed and chamber an empty case. Always seems like they will eat anything at that point.

That is unless there is a problem with the base of the case that goes unfixed.

I realize this is a late reply, but it's the web. Information lives here a long time.

I like to push my finished .45 ACP reload through the Lee bulge buster after reloading.

I can definitely feel a different resistance as different rounds are pushed through the bulge buster sizing die. Some of my .45ACP brass dates back to WWI. No fooling. I'm making a display case that has .45 brass from WWI, WWII, Korea and Vietnam.

John Browning's masterpiece has fought in a lot of wars...and won.

Bulge Busting is the last step.

I've simply had too many reloads fail to feed or fail to eject. If I can remove one more variable, it's worth it to me.

So I push the reloads through the Lee Bulge Buster.

Boolit Master

I bought one of the Redding push through size die setups for 40S&W when they came out. It made a difference. What made a bigger difference was buying Wolf bbl's for all My Glocks. Used those and My Gold Cup bbl as "chamber checkers".

My Buddy and I had a side business selling reloads for a few years to the guys he worked with.
    He sized the 45,40 & 9 in bulge buster dies then sized/ decapped in a RCBS carbide die and primed them.

I then put them thru my Hornady L-N-L to load them up. The guys would bring back the brass and we'd load them up again. I remember He used a 9mm Makarov for the 9 Luger cases.
    We never heard a complaint.

He passed away from Cancer 3 years ago. Only 42yrs old. Knew him for 26yrs. Like having a little brother again. But not as stupid.

Wouldn't do it again.

But the bulge busters do work. I don't have to use them anymore because of the Wolf bbls.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Since starting this thread a couple years ago, I have incorporated the 45acp Bulge Busting die into my brass processing routine. Since I only shoot range pick-ups with no known history, this die is a "uniforming" die making the case heads and rims quite uniform. I've got over 8K rounds through my SR 1911, and I've had only one hang up in the last 5K rounds or so since using the die.

So, the die seems to work for me, and all of my 45 brass gets processed using this Bulge Buster.

All the Best -

Bayou52
    Bayou52
    NRA Life Member
    "Keep Calm and Reload"

Boolit Master
    The Lee bulge buster works and works well. The drawback of the 1911 is picking up brass and it seems someones junk always finds its way into yours. Use lots of good lube to push them thru.

Boolit Master
    In GONRA's experience, a quality sizing die that will size waaay down to the extractor groove will verk great with 9mm and.45 ACP Range Pickup Brass.
    If a cases are really screwed up - SCRAP 'EM!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123