Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load Data Wideners
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nevada Cast Boolit Shoot 2005

Hey Dep Al---That 1st place with the .243 Im a guessing at a cast bullet shoot was using cast bullets? Congrats. How much Ol Buckshot pay you to not shoot the .243 at the Burrito shoot?

Boolit Grand Master
    C-Man......

The 243 is Burrito-Proof during most weeks, due to being scope-sighted. I resort to the 250 Savage for Burrito events, and if its operator was a little more skilled at target venues--Buckshot could get a little stressed.

I am patently lousy at standing paper-target shooting, but somehow am able to connect on metal plates and live critters offhand pretty well. This applies to both handgun and rifle shooting. One of the Burrito bunch (Bearwalker)once opined that I "shoot like a shotgunner". I'm glad he didn't say "trapshooter". I grew up mostly shooting scatterguns, and didn't shoot much with rifles until my late teens. Handguns in volume waited until my early 20's. What little shooting I did with rifles and handguns was almost entirely in the hunting fields. Dunno what this all means, but there it is there.

Curmudgeon is most kind in mentioning that my good work at NCBS got done with those itty-bitty boolits. There's a back edge to that sword, though--all that great luck hasn't done JACK for the 22 centerfires or the 25-20 yet. I have Carpetman to thank for the 243 success--his RCBS 95 SP samples worked instantly in my Rem 788. The 250 Savage and its 1930-vintage 1-14" twist really likes the NEI 100 grainer that looks like a 30 caliber RG-4 that shrunk in the wash, and accuracy took a little more work with that one. So far, this all takes place with visually-inspected boolits.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Mold
    I sure hope this works. I haven't had any sucess at posting in a very long time, so I just read what you're up to. It was really great seeing everyone again. I want to say a huge thank you to Bruce,Karen & Kim for their wonderful hospitality. Saturday nights' dinner was sooo good - the salad was totally outstanding, and the deserts blew my diet away. It will take me a month to catch back up! I enjoy talking with like- minded folks even more than the shooting! Next year I'll bring my .56 -56 Spencer carbine, and hopefully will have my Evans rifle working by then - quite the assault rifle of the 1870's until it was time to reload!
    A BIG thank you again to Bruce & Family for such a wonderful time. You folks are the Best!!
    'Talk to you later, Bob
    There is room for all of God's creatures here,
    right next to the mashed potatoes!

Winnemucca Shoot

As a first-timer to the NCBS, was taken by the hospitality of such a great group of folks.... and also their devotion to the sport as evidenced by their knowledge, their willingness to share it, the quantity of lead brought to town, and most especially, the manner in which it was directed down-range. Have a bunch of homework to do before next year's event... as have just been scratching the surface of cast boolit shooting for those 7 & 8mm mausers...

Sorry to have missed the Saturday social at Bruce B's, but had prior commitment (local NRA banquet)... Nothing better than good company, good subject-matter, meat on the grill, and cold beer! The NRA banquet, by the way, was a big success for our table, as a relative new-comer to firearms freedom won a Springfield .45 1911 in a raffle! If that's not enough to get a guy hooked....

Unfortunately for me, my wife's not (as yet!) as entertained by this stuff as I, and with insufficient banked brownie points, I was unable to partake in Sunday's events. Another point to prepare for in the next year!
    Even if I can't muster the homework to get up to speed with the rest, would love to see you all again next year! Have yet to give a try to the molds so graciously loaned by Onceabull...

My thanks again to all for the great time, and hope to see you all again next year!

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    "...until it was time to reload." Yep; Evans: "The rifle you load all week and shoot on Sunday"

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

7s&8s that exemplifies why I am a regular attendee now. My first trip was eye-opening and a solid reason to come back for more. Looking over the different guns alone is nearly as good as a visit to Cody. Except at a NCBS you will probably get a chance to SHOOT then same guns you have just HANDLED. Museum pieces as well as modern guns,wild and crazy pistols,leverguns and mil-surps. As good as Cody is,the guns behind glass is only as good as your camera and memory,Shooting the Guns of NCBS is a totally different sensory experience.
    Welcome aboard !
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Vendor Sponsor
    I would be amiss if I didn't say a big thank you to the B's. Karen is definately the hostess with the mostess. I must admit to a weakness for pecan pie, and the foo foo coffee drink served with it was the bomb. BruceB once again proves his generosity with a great deal on 45 colt accoutements. I hope to see that "14" at next years shoot. See it, heck I can't wait to shoot it. And of course Kimmie (oops forgot, not supposed to call her that) Kim, delightful as ever.

I thought that the cowboy shoot was a kick in the pants. A real "hoot" as they say in Iowa. It doesn't take alot of imagination to see how addicting it could get to be. Thanks to Tim and Lori for bringing the gear and setting everyone up. See you guys Friday night.

curmudgeon, don't know who's hat you got, but I believe I have all of mine. I think 45 nut had a ca'boy hat, could be his.

The ride home was uneventful except for the color. Hillsides covered in yellow flowers, lupin alongside the hiway. Today I noticed flox coming up all over. All this moisture could bring the best desert spring ever. Of course when it dries up it could bring the biggest fire season ever. This year will go down as the wettest NCBS yet, I'll take the drizzle over the wind anyday.

Again, Thanks to everyone that came, played, participated and a special thanks to those who worked so hard to make it all happen, the B's.

ammohead

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

Actually I think that hat belongs to TimB,he came in late sunday to Curmudgeons room saying how he left his cap at Ormachea's and had to wear something..got the whole conversation steered toward steam forming hats if I remember correctly.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Ken, I think you are right on who the mystery hat belongs to. I don't remember ever seeing you, BruceB, Buckshot, or Deputy Al in a cowboy hat, and it is way too big for me. guess I'll have to go through the whole member list to find Tim's E-mail. Then I can go to Fernley when the next cowboy shoot is held and deliver it. Thanks for being so observant.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Mold
    curmudgeon, Ken is right it is my hat. Sounds like I got a way to get you to come out to Fernley now.
    Lori and I want to thank the B's for the great work they do to put on the shoot.
    It is great to know that every year you will have a weekend to look forward to when you can pickup on old friendships and make new ones. Now if we just could get the rain and snow to realize that some of us don't want our toys damp!
    Thanks to all again for making the shoot memorable and enjoyable.
    Hope to see many of you during the year. Remember we love to have visitors who come armed.

TimB and LoriB
    Tim Buchman

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Tim, just let me know the next time you will be in Fernley, and I'll bring your hat so you won't be put in the hoosegow for being out of uniform. Bill
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon
    Tim, just let me know the next time you will be in Fernley, and I'll bring your hat so you won't be put in the hoosegow for being out of uniform. Bill
    Tim, just so happens I will be going past Bill's casa tomorrow. I will pick up said hat and bring to the shoot Friday.

ammohead

Boolit Mold
    Thanks Bruce, I wouldn't want to loose two hats in one day after over 15 years on the first that night. Look forward to seeing you Friday. I have been loading/casting today to have extra 40/65 and 45/100 if you decide to shoot on Saturday in the match.

Tim and Lori
    Tim Buchman

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234