WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Concentricity Gauge build

Boolit Grand Master

Quite impressive. Makes me wish I had the tooling to build my own tools. I have a Forster concentricity gauge. Use it mostly when converting brass to see what the necks end up at. I have used it to check run out of loaded rounds. Much to the chagrin of many, Lee dies typically yield the lowest. I'm not a Benchrest or long range shooter so it's not critical for me. Obviously I want to make the most accurate ammo possible. Just haven't found the need to correct every little aspect.

I like yours for sure, but the second one is impressive in its simplicity.

Boolit Master

jmorris you have done it again! Very nice work. Your post reminds me of the New Yankee Workshop. Of course Norm is a master cabinet maker, carpenter, etc. He builds some beautiful stuff in his short 30 minute program. Problem is my wife wonders why I can't build something like that in 30 minutes. Gives me fits. Norm will say "I got to the shop a little early and got this ready for finish".
    jmorris, please continue to let that fertile mind of yours work and show us normal folks what can be done with the right tools, and a bunch of experience.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

I made my concentricity gauge using high quality skateboard bearings and some steel odds & ends I had laying around.
    It's still in prototype stage and so far it works real good. All that's left to be done is to get rid of the clamps and find a base mount it on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT0003.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	187447

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12