Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Star sizer question

Banned

it is.
    I have a couple of short tubes and have stood there loading them with my left hand while I operate the machine with my right hand.
    I could have just as easily sat down and filed 7-8 empty tubes and been done with it.

I cut the short tubes so I could dial in the metal adaptor etc without a ton of weight on top.

one thing I do for the smaller 30-32 cal pistol type boolits is turn the metal drop tube around so it's full length is facing outwards and the little boolits just clear the base of the tube.

Banned
    I happen to be a fan of the bullet feeders. I also catch the sized lubed bullets in the same sized plastic tubes. I use the already loaded tubes in my bullet droppers for my Dillon 650 press. I guess when I consider the fact it does take time to load the tubes for the sizer/lubricator I'm still ahead when it comes time to actually load shells on the 650 press because my bullet tubes are already loaded and all I have to do is invert the tube so the bullets are base first and pull the pin and I have sized lubed stacked bullets in my 650 and all I had to do was load the tubes for the Star the first go around.

Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    The smallest feed tube Magma makes is for .38/9mm size bullets. If you put a stack of .30 caliber bullets in the .38/9mm feed tube, there would be a problem with them tipping too much and probably binding up. A special tube would have to be made to solve that problem. It would be like trying to feed .38 bullets through the .45 feed tubes. The bullets won't feed correctly and makes the operator invent new expletives......

Hope this helps.

Fred
    Magma sent me a feed tube and slide bar for my .223 bullets. Works just fine. I cast round flat nose bullets. Haven't tried any spire point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12