Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: Who makes a mold for paper patching a 30-06?

Boolit Man

Who makes a mold for paper patching a 30-06?

Looking for a 165 to 180 grain? I know that they can custom make up one but does anyone offer a off the self mold for this?

Tom over at Accurate Molds will make whatever you request. For example, he could reduce the diameter and weight of this one for you.

http://www.accuratemolds.com/bullet_...=30-200P-D.png

You can patch just about any cast bullet. I have actually had more trouble patching a slick sided bullet than one with lube grooves. You just need two sizers is all. One just over bore for the lead and one just over groove for the patched bullet. At least that's the way i have done it with pretty decent results.
    Wish I had taken pictures, I patched a 311157 for 30'06 using patches cut from pages of the koran. Run hot bacon grease through a coffee filter and you have a pretty decent patch lube. I did it more so out of a ridiculous notion of free speech, but on target results were promising.

Boolit Master
    NOE lists a few 30 cals. Go to their website and then to 30 cal, their dedicated paper patch moulds are at the top of the list and designated as "PP".

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Hunter - mind deleting this double post? Duplicate of the one with the answers
    Thanks
    Regards
    John

Boolit Man
    Sorry about the double post. I am using a cell phone for access and my original post did not show up. Mod please combine thes two threads. Sorry about the confusion and thanks for the help.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    You can patch just about any cast bullet. I have actually had more trouble patching a slick sided bullet than one with lube grooves. You just need two sizers is all. One just over bore for the lead and one just over groove for the patched bullet. At least that's the way i have done it with pretty decent results.
    Wish I had taken pictures, I patched a 311157 for 30'06 using patches cut from pages of the koran. Run hot bacon grease through a coffee filter and you have a pretty decent patch lube. I did it more so out of a ridiculous notion of free speech, but on target results were promising.

What breed of hog did that bacon grease come from?

You do know that those projectiles gotta be as 'off the list' as 'holler' points are in New Jersey....right?

Boars Head or Hormel, can't remember.
    I ran them up to about 2,600 FPS so they were definitely anti-jihadidouche for fact and for certain.

Boolit Buddy
    Lyman 301618 and 301620 were designed for paper patching.