Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blanks ?

The links are worth about $70 or so per k, because they are the shouldered type for the 1919 and not the more universal "Israel" type that can be used for various calibers. A delinker can be made but I'll be honest they are probably worth more linked.

The 1919 uses a BFA that is very open at the muzzle, using these in other guns with a BFA in place may cause you to wear the gun on your face. I'm not super familiar with this particular iteration of blanks as I mostly use .308 DAG now.
    My firearms project blog

Quote Originally Posted by 10-x View Post
    Went through 10s of thousands of those re enacting WWII back in the 80s - 90s in O3's, M-1s, BARs, 1917s and 1919s. Used to pay $0.05 each for them back then, prices went way up and a few guys started loading them just for reenacting. Those were the days..........I agree with donating them to the VFW or American Legion post near you. Ft Indiantown Gap is about the only US base that one can reenact on. State of PA. and DOD are involved with the " Battle of the Bulge" events there, used to be lots of WWII Veterans show up.
    I just heard about the D-Day reenactment at Conneaut Lake on the PA/OH border. http://www.ddayohio.us/schedule.htm

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

All have LC 57 head stamps, red seal. I just pulled 250 rds for a legion post. Haven't opened other cans, they all have the same numbers. The weapons school USSADS, did not get into
    blanks other than launching blanks. Other than training and ceremonies they have no practical
    use. Schooled on US small arms ammo thru 40mm Bofors . Also LAW and 40mm/ M79-203.
    Thats why I'm no expert on blanks.

Boolit Grand Master

Were blanks made with corrosive primers like regular ammo? Is there a cutoff date for them in 308? I acquired some pull down for a shotshell project, and their still primed.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Eddie2002,

I had an incident a few years ago regarding .30-06 blanks. I learned much and also learned to disreguard nonsense from some posters.

Adam

After I see that the local posts are taken care of, I will send the rest of them to MG shoots, along
    with the links. I don't follow MGs, and had no idea of the value of the links. The Legion wasn't
    interested in links or cans, so I broke them down for shipping purposes. The rest I will leave
    belted in cans in case some one wants them for MG.

Quote Originally Posted by Drm50 View Post
    After I see that the local posts are taken care of, I will send the rest of them to MG shoots, along
    with the links. I don't follow MGs, and had no idea of the value of the links. The Legion wasn't
    interested in links or cans, so I broke them down for shipping purposes. The rest I will leave
    belted in cans in case some one wants them for MG.
    They would sell at the fall Knob Creek shoot in the blink of an eye...mid october! would be fun if you've never been.
    My firearms project blog

Never been, but have buddies with the fever that go every year. They bring back the videos.
    planned on sending the AP & Tracers down there anyway.

Boolit Master
    Adam, Same here with LC 43 blanks, split a case from the primer pocket up the side with a plinker load. No damage done just a surprise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12