RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Load Data

Thread: Walker target.

Banned

Walker target.

Pete came to shoot it after I cut the forcing cone. We were both surprised. I had loaded 3 balls and 3 of my boolits. I had the devil loading the .452" boolits and ruined 2 trying to get them in. I gave him some to take home after a .451" size die.
    Now one charge with the balls was too much and was higher then the others so my measure was not right. I prefer all the same height but could not push the ball in more.
    The powder in the chamber WAS higher.
    He shot 25 yards and the blast was horrendous, more then my .500! WOW.
    Here is target. 25 yards and the three in the white were my poor fitting boolits. 3 in 1-3/16" Attachment 175163
    He brought a friend to shoot and he had a Walker we did not shoot, just to compare and I found it had a small forcing cone, about half mine but it was there. We all kind of jumped up and down so Pete is going deer hunting with it.
    Would I suggest a cone, darn sure and Doug can do it.
    I hope to show a deer this season from Pete. This thing is a cannon that needs wheels.

Post some pictures of the WALKER, it'd be fun to see it! ~ and tell us more about what was done with the Forcing Cone?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Oyeboten View Post
    Post some pictures of the WALKER, it'd be fun to see it! ~ and tell us more about what was done with the Forcing Cone?
    I cut the cone with my 11° cutter. The barrel had NONE in it and the chambers are off side.
    Go to my open top post and you will see a picture.
    I don't have the guns here for a picture now.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks like you did make a nice conical shooter!

Congratulations!

Get the arbor fixed and she'll be ready for hunting season (or target shooting).

Mike
    Last edited by HATCH; 08-08-2017 at 11:40 AM. Reason: TOS 5

Banned

Nothing needs done. Just getting the same amount of powder in each chamber. I did not have a flask end so I used a regular measure. I don't know why the level was off so much. Did I settle powder more in the measure? The gun is very hard to load with a measure, needs a flask for sure. Pete has none but if he did I could make an end for it.
    My boolit for my Ruger OA is too big and was a bear to get in straight. I had to use a screwdriver to push it under the ram. So easy to get crooked. I ruined a few so just how did the shoot so good?
    I think it is the cone.