Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Something Quite Disturbing to me

Boolit Buddy
    My friend has a 300bo and I've got a couple 223's we shoot together. Never thought of ammo mix up till this post. Yikes. Thanks for posting this.

Boolit Master

It looks like dealers are going to have to put factory ammo in a locked case and take it out for inspection by the buyer with the dealer hovering over him. while this will stop sabotage if that is what this case was, it will inconvenience both the customer and the dealer. With killery harping on the 2nd amend. I wouldn't put it passed someone switching ammo even knowing that it might kill someone. Remember that woman that played Willow in CSI? She tweeted someone that she wished all gunowners would die. There are some evil ones out there, be careful.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    "I try to use a different style of magazine for each to minimize the chances of a mistake."

Ive used P-Mags in the BO and steel mags in the .223 from the beginning, because the BO ran flawlessly with them. I wonder how the Teams/SF communities differentiate their mags?
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    Artful,

Thanks for your post #9. A prime example of, "a picture is worth a thousand words".
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Your Welcome smokeywolf
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Quote Originally Posted by xs11jack View Post
    With killery harping on the 2nd amend. I wouldn't put it passed someone switching ammo even knowing that it might kill someone. Remember that woman that played Willow in CSI? She tweeted someone that she wished all gunowners would die. There are some evil ones out there, be careful.
    Ole Jack
    I remember when the "Greenie's" started spiking Trees after a sale of Forest Land was scheduled for cutting - Nasty People - Don't think of or have empathy for the other person.
    je suis charlie

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Same can happen with 8mm and 30-06.

Probably someone at the shop had a little show and tell? Picking out one of each to explain and show.. Got distracted along the way and put them back wrong ..
    Seen storeclerks do the show and tell plenty of times..

The guy was prolly playing 'donkey kong' on his iPhone while he loaded magazines the night before.
    What ever happened to being 'observant' and paying attention to what you are doing?
    I think the modern man has the attention span of a goldfish these days!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

I think the modern man has the attention span of a goldfish these days!
    Yup. I've been one a couple times. Seems like I've lately seen more ammo boxes glued shut to prevent pilfering.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

years ago some idiots we're going into guns galor, probably my favorite gun store of all times and putting live ammo in rifles on the show floor, I don't think they were ever caught but it happened more than once, and I do remeber one case where it was a odd/uncommon caliber like 458 lott that had live ammo inside it. so maybe not your typical run of the mill anti gun moron but I'm not sure. this only roughly corilates with your post, but it was the first thing that popped into my head.
    second thing that popped into my head, as there is lots of room was last winter when bought some new winchester super x 30 30 ammo from dunhams , I posted about it then, one round was so bent at the shoulder it would never chamber, another was slightly bent and a few rounds had cracked and very brittle brass. I sent it in and they replaced it, gave me a voucher for another box and a coupon for 50% off winchester gear.

In Remembrance
    I know it is easy to overlook things, but when one loads a 300 blackout while loading 223, does he think, oh nice a fat one??

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    I know it is easy to overlook things, but when one loads a 300 blackout while loading 223, does he think, oh nice a fat one??
    I'm the same....How in creation did he not notice this?

Reminds me of a guy that bought a custom Mauser in 7mmRem, a whole box of locomotive killing rounds and brings me both, wanting to do a chamber cast...."Because the bolt won't close...It's not 7mm"

I asked him to show me....he dropped in the round into the breech and tried closing the bolt..."See? It won't Close!"

I took it, pushed round INTO magazine, loaded like butter.
    He STILL SWORE up and down it wasn't a 7mm.

45 min and a 80 dollar chamber cast later he finally relents and accepts it's a 7mmRem.

I told him to go and buy another box, because the bent rims on all of his probably won't extract easily.

I should have bought it off of him when he got divorced....It was a nice gun.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Storydude View Post
    I'm the same....How in creation did he not notice this?
    I'm in this camp also, someone clearly wasn't paying attention...Factory ammo or not

Boolit Buddy
    I've just got through building a 300BO, don't have ammo for it yet. I'm looking at color coding the mags. My 223 is black with black pmags. the 300 is flat dark earth and I want to color the mags the same. That way if a shtf situation happens it will keep me from doing something stupid while in a hurry to reload.

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Just out of curiosity did any of you go to the link in the first post?

Did any of you read the first line in the linked story?

The one that goes like

"Took a friend of mine out with a rifle I had put together for him a few years ago; he'd never fired it."
    je suis charlie

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    Just out of curiosity did any of you go to the link in the first post?

Did any of you read the first line in the linked story?

The one that goes like

"Took a friend of mine out with a rifle I had put together for him a few years ago; he'd never fired it."
    Ok, first time, now when he was loading the mag, and got to the 300 blackout round, did he think oh nice a fat one?
    I get it that anyone can make a mistake, but you would think loading the mag a guy should notice the difference.
    If I owned both, I would be more concerned about grabbing a mag loaded with the wrong round than mixing them up at the time of loading.

I do not doubt that it came in a factory box, being it on purpose (entirely possible) or someone checking out the difference and screwing up. It is the reason most stores frown on anyone opening boxes of ammo.

Having been a range officer and instructing newbie's - I've seen people try and load ammo into the wrong end of the cylinder on a revolver (you know from the front) - loaded shells into my Remington 870 base forward and jammed it up real nice - so I have NO doubt a newbie wouldn't even blink at putting a 300 BO in with 223 ammo.
    je suis charlie

Boolit Grand Master

Wow, pretty scary! Saw some non-Weatherby ammo fired in Weatherby rifles and IIRC a 308W fired in a 270W back when I RO'd on a public range. Didn't realize the BO would chamber in a 5.56 but it seems to do so quite easily. It's safe to assume that folks who don't assemble their own ammo (let alone, cast boolits!) don't spend a lot of time looking at their ammo when transferring it from box to mag.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Mold
    All my 300 BO mags are marked in yellow "300" With extra yellow paint pen in the mag recessions

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast