Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2 Repackbox

Thread: Bullseye camera system

Boolit Master

Bullseye camera system

Looking into purchasing one and thought I'd see if anyone's got pros or cons on them. I found one thread from last yr on here about using one but it was very sketchy. Thanks to all who can shed some good or bad light on this camera system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    You may have seen some early reviews of our initial system where using an iPhone/iPad/Android was difficult at longer ranges - that was 3 years ago - since then we have used point to point wireless and don't have connection issues at all. We have over 20,000 systems out worldwide. We offer free phone support and free software updates and we are the only system to offer a 2-year Bulletproof Warranty for $29.95 - covers the system no matter what!

We also are releasing our new update this week that includes group measuring, unskewing the target (so you see it just like you see it through the scope), auto-grid (place a grid on a blank piece of paper with the software), auto-click indication to show you scope adjustments at any distance, etc.

Happy to answer any questions you may have!
    Last edited by Preacher Jim; 08-25-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the info. I've looked at your system off and on for a while. I just don't shoot enough long range anymore. Always wanted one though for longe range ladder testing.

Boolit Grand Master

A friend has one and we use it at 200 yds with good results and He is very happy with it. Were trying to get the club to put up a small berm infront of the targets so its out of sight when hes using it. Being down range its only a matter of time before some joker thinks it will make a good target.

Boolit Master
    Couple of friends and I have one that we use @ our 700 yd and it works great ,the only problem we had was shooting over some hilly terrain .It was corrected with a booster and no more problem ,it has become almost as required as bringing your gun

My friend uses one and likes it - we have used it out to 1 mile - Only issue was when he first got it and tried to use it from ground level and the bushes interfered with the signal - he had to raise the antenna higher so had to buy a longer cable and another tripod to get the Yaggi above all the plants.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    Hello the fire,

I am thinking seriously about buying one of these but am frustrated by the limited amount of specific info on them, beyond seeing a few shots. I am hoping someone has some actual experience with what I am hoping to do or can direct me to a website or online video that can show me more.

I am interested on how this unit will record separate, multiple groups and how they can be reviewed at a later time. I shoot long range "buffalo guns" and do a lot of load testing and sight setting. Here is an example of what I would like to do. I would set up a target at 600 yards. it would be approx 3 feet high and 5 feet wide, with one or two aiming points. I would then shoot multiple groups, some five shot and some ten shot at the same target. Here are my questions:

1. If I shoot ten different groups of ten shots each, can I separate each string of ten shots on a different "saved target" on the system, label the group indicating what the rifle and load were, and then come back an "measure it" later?

2. How large a target can I shoot at that range and still pick up all the shots.

3. How well does it work on steel after multiple shots have been made. The videos I have seen show shooting steel, but only a few shots on a very clean and sell painted target with very clear separation between the shots. How badly can a steel target to shot up and how much splatter can there be on the target and still pick up the shots.

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Jackpine

Boolit Grand Master

I would think storage will depend on the unit your using to read the signal on the line IE phone ipad book or laptop as the down rnge camera is just sending the signals back to be recieved by the system on the bench.A newer laptop or Book should have enough storage for a bunch of groups.

Banned

i'd love to use the bullseye target camera system, but just can't use it at our 200-300 yard pit targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackpine View Post
    Hello the fire,

1. If I shoot ten different groups of ten shots each, can I separate each string of ten shots on a different "saved target" on the system, label the group indicating what the rifle and load were, and then come back an "measure it" later?
    You can mark the target on the laptop - we shoot at 1000 yards with 3 to 4 shooters and can mark each hit as to the shooter. Jerry doesn't try to mark the rifle/load info just who shot it on his. We measure the targets not the visual image on the computer
    2. How large a target can I shoot at that range and still pick up all the shots.
    I'm not sure I'm understanding you, but we use targets 4 feet wide by 6 feet tall and
    you can see the whole target on the laptop and it records the shots just fine.
    3. How well does it work on steel after multiple shots have been made. The videos I have seen show shooting steel, but only a few shots on a very clean and sell painted target with very clear separation between the shots. How badly can a steel target to shot up and how much splatter can there be on the target and still pick up the shots.

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Jackpine
    As long as it can see a difference in the target it captures it.
    Look at about 3:30 in this video
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    I just ordered one from Midway. They had the shorter range one on sale for $296.00. That seemed a fair price to keep my marriage in tact. My wife insists on going with me to the range to "help me". After 5 minutes the spotting scope is pointed at everything except the target. When I ask her where the shot went, she can't find the target again. Shortly thereafter I get the scope pointed at the target, she is back to watching birds, people, the sky...anything but the target.
    [

Boolit Master

How far away from the target can the camera be and still pick up the image? Reason I ask is the issaak Walton range I belong to there's alot of bullets in the berm and there is the ones that ricochet back, or from previous bullets in the berm that got kicked out from bullets impacting the berm. I'd love to mine those berms if they'd let me. But I'm thinking to close to the target and one might kick back hitting the camera

Boolit Master
    Does not matter as the last shot made blinks ,you can shoot 4x4 ft no problem
    Last edited by Edward; 08-25-2016 at 05:20 PM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 41 mag fan View Post
    How far away from the target can the camera be and still pick up the image? Reason I ask is the issaak Walton range I belong to there's alot of bullets in the berm and there is the ones that ricochet back, or from previous bullets in the berm that got kicked out from bullets impacting the berm. I'd love to mine those berms if they'd let me. But I'm thinking to close to the target and one might kick back hitting the camera
    It sounds like you worried about something coming back and taking out the camera? That would suck...If I was concerned about that I might consider propping up a piece of plexiglass in front of it. Ricochets don't have much energy so I'm sure a couple of 1/2" pieces propped up in front of it would protect it. I don't think it would interfere with it functioning.
    [

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by AbitNutz View Post
    It sounds like you worried about something coming back and taking out the camera? That would suck...If I was concerned about that I might consider propping up a piece of plexiglass in front of it. Ricochets don't have much energy so I'm sure a couple of 1/2" pieces propped up in front of it would protect it. I don't think it would interfere with it functioning.
    Yes I am worried at that, esp after 2 yrs gone by on the warranty. I've picked up bullets on the 25yrd lane that were 10-15 yrds from the shooting bench. I might send them a msg and ask about the plexiglass as that sins like a really good idea

Boolit Grand Master

A piece of 1/2" lexan will stop most hand gun rounds but after a hit it is cloudy.Glare drom it might become a factor depending on light direction and angle. Im more concerned with the guy thats looking for something to shoot down range putting a round thru it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I'm more concerned with the guy that's looking for something to shoot down range putting a round thru it.
    Can you imagine that?! Having some nimrod shoot your target is one thing but shooting your equipment! Wow, not sure how I would address that...
    [