Inline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I broke open my last .50cal ammo box of .22LR ammunition.....

Am seeing some around but close to $12 per hundred in boxes of 50. I did pick up a case of 500 for $50 out the door but I just don't shoot .22 all that much. I might if I could still get 500 for $30 but that has not happened yet, maybe never will. Scalpers tables of .22 LR are pretty much gone at gun shows I have noticed.

Still have some of a couple extra cases I picked up for a Y2K stash, it is sort of funny to see those old prices.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master
    I did score 500 W-W 40 grain Power Point Super-X online a couple days back. Price was in the 10 cents per round realm. No idea whether the Debutantes will deign to dine upon it, but the Rugers will eat good. This is STILL RIDICULOUS.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

In Remembrance

Sorta funny when the same people that always laughed and made fun of my always buying .22 ammo and putting it in .50 cal. ammo cans were the same people that came begging for ammo when the market for them went vacant.Robert

Boolit Master
    I picked up a 'brick' (400rds) of American Eagle 38gr .22lr hollow points yesterday at Sportsman's Warehouse for $32 incl tax. Last brick I bought of the same ammo ran $27 at Cabelas. The same older bricks in the safe have $16.99 price tags on the bricks, which would've been from 2009-2010 timeframe.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Master
    Between the PCP airguns, 32 S&W long and 38 wadcutters my .22 LR shooting is pretty much over until things get under control. I still have a fair stock that I had bought before the first Obama election thinking "just in case". Glad I did. If memory serves it was around 10 bucks a brick. One can do lots of shooting for what it cost to fill a scba tank with a shoebox compressor.

Ebner

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Harry O View Post
    Back in the early 1990's there was a local store selling out and I bought 10,000 .22LR rounds of Winchester white box economy ammo. 5,000 rounds can be packed into a .50cal military ammo box and it keeps them well protected. In fact, I still have some .22LR Federal ammo that my father bought for me in 1963. Every once in a while I take out a box and shoot some of them to see if they will still fire. So far, there have been no failures to fire. Same way with the ones from the 1990's.

The bricks still have $9.99 price tags on them, but they were marked down to $8.70 per brick at checkout. My father also bought 5,000 rounds. A few years later, I inherited his 5,000, untouched. That was three .50cal ammo boxes. I just opened the third one. I got away from the .22LR for several years, but have been getting back to it in recent years.

I was just at Cabela's today and saw that they have an assortment of .22LR on the shelf now. However, the bricks were $75 to $85 each. Boxes of 100 rounds cost $9.99, same as what it cost for an entire brick back in the 1990's. I shudder to think when I have to start buying .22LR again.
    I just bought 2 bricks at WalMart for $27 each. There is a special going on now at one of the online places, I got the email but deleted it, for $35? or something close to that. Doubtful we will see sub $20 bricks again.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Banned
    I used to purchase a box of 22's for 40-50 cents a box when I was a youth. I only have about 300 rounds and I certainly won't even break out the 22 when I can reload 9mm or 45acp for less than I can a box of 22's.

I am sitting on a good stash of .22lr but I am keeping it. I do shoot it some in my Ruger Mk III's, both my wife and I have one and they are simply a joy to shoot. But as I use up old stock I replace it with new.

My poor Ruger 10/22 thinks I don't love it anymore. Not true, but it is simply cheaper to load one of my many choices of center-fire ammo for the same or less. Plus more bang for the buck. .223, .300BO, .357mag, 9mm. Single shot Handi rifles to Hipoint Carbine they are all fun in their own way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12