Load DataLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Wideners Repackbox
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oops -- or Things to Not Run Over with a Lawnmower

Hell of a way to win LoL. Kinda sucks, badly.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crying.gif 
Views:	262 
Size:	1.1 KB 
ID:	174754
    Be careful what you wish for!

Boolit Grand Master

I just replaced the cord on a guys blower. The kind that inflates those giant yard toys. "No Honey, I don't think I hit it"!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sur-shot View Post
    Oh, I can win this without trying......... 50 HP Kabota with Bush Hog on the back, two holes in the field with a kick up on the second hole and my AR goes straight up from its fender mounted boot, drops down beside the rear right fender and whop, whop, whop. Modified AR. Had to use a Saws-All to cut it apart.
    Ed

Attachment 174753
    PM me if you want to sell your 80% AR corner shot...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AVN4-Z-F2-L.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	174757

Just kidding... sorry for the loss man...

Boolit Master

Back on the ranch -- bush hog, armadillos, gophers, etc...

My yard? Usually just a tennis ball that the dog got distracted during that "fetch thing".

In Remembrance
    Back in the 70's I was living in a travel trailer in a park. these had small lawns, so when I mowed I would also mow my neighbors, who was a single mother without a mower. One sunday her boyfriend, who was a friend of mine brought over a riding mower to mow her lawn, and since he new I usually mowed hers, he decided to mow mine while he was about it. Now these lawns were not really big enough to get a riding mower around, so when my lights went out I went out to check. He was standing their scratching his head and ask where he could get me a new cord like that on a sunday. I told him I probably had the stuff to repeir it and started around to my shed when I noticed I didn't have a water hose. I ask him about it and he told me he had already sent her for a new one, as he had run over it first. lol
    I told him he should just run over my sewer and I would just move out.

I guess carma got him, as before he was finished hre turned the mower over in the ditch out back and broke his ankle. lol

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    Back in the 70's I was living in a travel trailer in a park. these had small lawns, so when I mowed I would also mow my neighbors, who was a single mother without a mower. One sunday her boyfriend, who was a friend of mine brought over a riding mower to mow her lawn, and since he new I usually mowed hers, he decided to mow mine while he was about it. Now these lawns were not really big enough to get a riding mower around, so when my lights went out I went out to check. He was standing their scratching his head and ask where he could get me a new cord like that on a sunday. I told him I probably had the stuff to repeir it and started around to my shed when I noticed I didn't have a water hose. I ask him about it and he told me he had already sent her for a new one, as he had run over it first. lol
    I told him he should just run over my sewer and I would just move out.

I guess carma got him, as before he was finished hre turned the mower over in the ditch out back and broke his ankle. lol
    LOL that really encourages me to stick with my push mower instead of switching to a riding mower. I had considered going the hank hill route, but thought it was just me being lazy.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    LOL that really encourages me to stick with my push mower instead of switching to a riding mower. I had considered going the hank hill route, but thought it was just me being lazy.
    Knew a guy once that had one of the higher end solid glass storm doors on the front of his house. He was mowing one day and hit a small rock that headed towards to glass door like a guided missile. He was wanting to replace the glass, but it was pretty expensive. Told him to replace it with Lexan and from now on, mow with the lawnmower discharge chute pointed *away* from the house. I've seen the same sort of thing happen with houses that had really large picture windows overlooking the front yard. Makes me glad that I have panel windows and the single pane glass. It might not be as energy efficient as double pane glass, but it is easy to replace AND I've had a few times that I've had to do it. Sometimes, it is a rock, but having to break into the house after locking myself out (or getting locked out) has probably happened more often.

Boolit Bub

Ran over a logchain with the bush hog if that counts took two days to fix.

Boolit Master
    lol the discharge shoot is always pointed back towards the yard, that just saves me from sweeping it back up! I timed it today, if I stay on top of the dang yard it only takes about 10-15 minutes for a quick trim and edge. We have "hurricane" windows/doors and screens on top to keep mosquitoes out, luckily haven't broken any yet *knock on wood*. The backyard jungle is my challenge for this weekend...

Like most home repairs/maintenance if I stay on top of it, it is much easier and less work each time. That's what I get for being lazy during all this rain awhile back.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Boolit Master

I was down in the Florida Keys a few years back with my jet boat. I had taken it out to do some diving and ended up getting a piece of crab trap black polyester rope sucked into the impeller. It wrapped itself around there and brought me to a halt fairly quickly. So, I can't get back to the launch site and had to try to disassemble the grating that is *supposed* to stop things from getting into the impeller just so that I could gain access to it to cut the rope in pieces. The wind was up a bit, so the boat was rocking / moving quite a bit. Ended up being blown onto some very small island, so there's not much room between the bottom of the boat and the sand. Fins and BC were just in the way, so grabbed a tank and regulator and squeezed between the bottom of the boat and the sand with the tank laying beside me. The waves were causing the boat to beat me to death, but I eventually got it disassembled and the rope removed. By the time I finished, I gave up on the idea of doing any more diving for that day.
    Live fast, die young, leave a cute widow...

Boolit Buddy

Finished riding the yard and sometimes only cut the ditch every other week (push mower time) grass was a little high hit a dead Bird that had been there the better part of 3 days in july and it did not go out the chute don't remember getting sick but mower stayed in the ditch until I had a good cussing from the wife for coming in the house and a good scrubbing in the shower! Man was that Fowl (sorry)
    Tony

Boolit Master

There is a old red oak stump on my back property line that somehow angled a large root straight out then down, kinda like a dog leg. My wife somehow hit it with a little craftsman 21 inch, self compelled as she calls it. and the blade came to a stop so quickly that the last 3" of the blade turned 90 degrees straight up. She is a little more careful now. Just in case I cut the root out. The surprise is that with all that energy stopped in a nanosecond, the crankshaft didn't get damaged.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

After sending a rock through the second story bathroom window from 75 feet away I bolted a piece of carpet in the end of that fold down black plastic discharge chute of the deck...that was the end of flying debris, period.

MY my how some of us have to learn things the hard way...prolly where hard-headed came from.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    My wife uses bricks for her flower post and you guessed it, one happened to be in the grass when my riding mower hit it. Cost me a new set of blades. And regarding snakes, had the tractor out cutting the back section and ran over a cotton mouth. Bad for him as he got sliced and diced. Frank

Boolit Grand Master
    After reading some of these, I don't feel so bad. I hit a 12 gauge shell with a rider one time, a loud noise was the only result.

I remember replacing the flywheel key pretty regularly on a Briggs & Stratton push mower when I was a kid.

I don't mind fixing a mower when I have actually hit something, it is when it breaks and I haven't hit anything that gets me.

Robert

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Yellowjacket nest!
    Right on brother. And don't think that "parking" on top of the nest will get em' all. IT DOESNT. I got tore up by those little suckers a few years ago. I jumped off that mower and ran for the pool. I had rigged the seat switch so I could get off the mower and it would still run. And it did til it ran out of gas. I hate those things.

One more. At the start of a long pass I hit a stone and it made a heck of a noise but kept turning. I finished the pass and turned around for the next one and it looked like I had been pulling the tiller or discs behind me. That rock bent the blade down about 3" on the end and was goin to town tearin up my grass. I told the wife I was going to plant a long row of corn that year.
    Last edited by ncbearman; 08-20-2016 at 12:23 AM.

This thread immediately brought to mind the Lawnmower cut coins the metal detector guys post on their websites (almost a "parallel universe" of hobbyist not unlike us). Its seems to be almost a "rite of passage" to find your first mower hit coin. They are a fun and somewhat unusual find that are often pictured and talked about in post.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img1lawnmower2039.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	174795

Brother in law hit his curb stop (main water shutoff). Locked his mower up tight. Luckily I have the same mower so I ended up getting a parts mower.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DerekP Houston View Post
    I should use that trick for the sewer cleanout cap. Hit that thing about once a year!
    I've hit that one a few times -- so has my lawn service. Eventually, I took a spare single hole (i.e. 8x8x8) cinder block, plugged one end with concrete, and it set over the cleanout cap. It just looks like a little random concrete cube sitting out in the yard.

Boolit Master

My wife ran over a red brick she had placed around her flowers, (in a circle pattern to protect the flowers from when I ran the mower), with the riding mower. She made it another 5 to 6 feet before the bent blades stopped the mower. Looked like a an upside down helicopter crash in grass!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast