WidenersLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Tikka T3 shooting great

Tikka T3 shooting great

Today I got out my Tikka 22-250 to check zero since it bounces around in the truck on the farm. Its normal load with 53gr Hornady match fbhp grouped 3 shots in .75" one half inch to the right. That'll do I thought.Then I got out my deer load that features 63 gr Sisk semi spitzer .228" that I ran through a .224" sizer. 3 shots in one hole dead center- about a 1/4" group! Surely my wibbles compensated for my wobbles- but I'm grinning. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Buddy
    Tikka t3 are good shooting rifles. Wish I had kept the one I had in .270

I love mine in 30-06... Biggest issue is load development. Everything I feed is shoots better than I can, so how do you know when you have the 'right' load??
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master
    They are great rifles got a.223

Boolit Master
    I am loving my Tikka T3 lite. So far I have only shot factory ammo in my 7mmRM. With the S&B 140gr round nose I have all three shots clover leafed. It has stacked the 162SST Superformance just over a 1/4". I am hoping it does the same with the new Precision hunting ammo that has the new 162gr ELD-X. Then I hope to match the results with my hand loads.

I'm glad I'm in good company! I also have one in 25-06 that has nipped quarter MOA a few times. If I get another it will be a 7 mm Rem mag. Mine are the walnut Hunter type but I found a used factory syn stock for $40 so when they're playing hard that's what they wear. Best,Thomas.

Boolit Master
    I got one in the 6.5x55. It's about the most accurate rifle I've ever had, and very nicely priced.

My Tikka .308 with a bull barrel is the best shooter I have ever owned, great weapon.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

It's a pretty day today. I think later this afternoon I'll shoot the 25-06 at 440 yards. Last time I put 3 100gr Sierra Pro Hunter into 3-1/2". Taking advantage of the cooler weather. Have a Blessed day everyone! Best, Thomas.

Got ready for Dalhart. The 22-250 and 25-06 will hit their own bullet holes. Love my T3's. To the hunt! Best, Thomas.

Cast Hunter

I have a Tikka T3 Super Lite in 7mm Rem mag that is a great shooter. Took a cow moose with it this year. Love the light weight when I hike in the mountains.
    Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master
    Another 6.5X55 owner. My gun club has what they call the "dime club." It's not impossible, it's a 3-shot group whose outside can be covered by a dime. My Tikka T3 did it with the wrong bullet and wrong powder. It's best shooting combination wouldn't have left any paper between the bullet holes.

I had a Sako 75 22-250 that cost a lot more but shot the same. It went; the Tikka stayed. Best, Thomas.

Boolit Buddy
    I used to think Savages were the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now...the T-3's get the nod. Plus, you can't put the boolit/bullet out too far due to the tapered throat, and that gets ya more powder in the case without pressure issues
    Domari Nolo

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    I finally pulled the trigger on the purchase of another Tikka. It will be the third one I've owned. The first one was a varmint model in 308. Up to then it was the most accurate rifle I'd ever owned. Illness caused me to have to sell it; along with alot of my other outdoor gear. Time and prayer brought me back to health. Then I broke down and bought a Tikka Lite in 223 that has also been incredibly accurate.

The last few months I've been working with my re-barreled and re-chambered K31 Swiss rifle which I re-chambered in the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser chambering. I have become enamored with that 6.5 cartridge; so much so that the Tikka Hunter model I just purchased is chambered in that same caliber and cartridge.

The EuroOptics online retailer happened to be having a sale on these particular rifles so I thought that now would be a good time to make another dream come true. They were priced a little under two-hundred bucks cheaper than any of the other outlets I could find. I suspect that as-is usually the case with me, as soon as I take delivery of my new Tikka Hunter, it will start raining Tikka Hunter rifles at much lower prices. Oh well; I think I got a great deal on a great gun. I trust I'll have it shooting tight groups just like my previous .308 and my present .223 are doing; not to mention the re-barreled K31. These rifles seem to be inherently accurate so it takes very little time, effort and finances to dial them in with the tack-driving loads.

HollowPoint

Quote Originally Posted by HollowPoint View Post
    I finally pulled the trigger on the purchase of another Tikka. It will be the third one I've owned. The first one was a varmint model in 308. Up to then it was the most accurate rifle I'd ever owned. Illness caused me to have to sell it; along with alot of my other outdoor gear. Time and prayer brought me back to health. Then I broke down and bought a Tikka Lite in 223 that has also been incredibly accurate.

The last few months I've been working with my re-barreled and re-chambered K31 Swiss rifle which I re-chambered in the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser chambering. I have become enamored with that 6.5 cartridge; so much so that the Tikka Hunter model I just purchased is chambered in that same caliber and cartridge.

The EuroOptics online retailer happened to be having a sale on these particular rifles so I thought that now would be a good time to make another dream come true. They were priced a little under two-hundred bucks cheaper than any of the other outlets I could find. I suspect that as-is usually the case with me, as soon as I take delivery of my new Tikka Hunter, it will start raining Tikka Hunter rifles at much lower prices. Oh well; I think I got a great deal on a great gun. I trust I'll have it shooting tight groups just like my previous .308 and my present .223 are doing; not to mention the re-barreled K31. These rifles seem to be inherently accurate so it takes very little time, effort and finances to dial them in with the tack-driving loads.

HollowPoint
    . I almost got a 6.5x55 but chose the 25-06 instead. No regrets but the Swede would have been great also. That 6.5 K31 sounds NEAT! I recently had to pass on a used T3 lite 7mm Mag for $450-Dang it no money!

Boolit Master
    What the world calls "Global Warming", we in Arizona call "Summer Time."
    It's taken me a long time to save up the money to by another Tikka. There was a couple of times in the recent past where I was going to stretch myself financially-thin just to buy another Tikka while I thought I had a chance but, common sense overruled my spur of the moment decision and I didn't buy after all.

I still had what I thought was at least a couple hundred more dollars to save up yet before I had all the money to buy one. I happened to do a google search for a Tikka T3 just so I could drool on my computer key board for a while when it brought up a link stating that EuroOtics had just bought about 3200 Tikka rifles of various calibers and configurations so they had them on sale in order to unload them all as soon as they could.

Thank God I didn't put myself in debt before I stumbled onto the EuroOtics Tikka sale. My new Tikka Hunter model should arrive next wednesday some time. I look forward to playing with that rifle too.

HollowPoint
    Last edited by HollowPoint; 09-25-2016 at 08:10 PM.

I had an Ithaca LSA55 .308 back in the 1980s. They were made by Tikka. Best shooting .308 I've owned. Based on that experience when the T3 came out I traded TWO rifles to get the Hunter in 22-250. I have never regretted it. My search for the perfect bolt gun ended that day. Best, Thomas.