WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Load Data Inline Fabrication

Thread: Air Rifle pellet XRF test

Boolit Master

Air Rifle pellet XRF test

Got the results from BNE for the air rifle pellets I normally shoot.

Crosman Premier and Copperhead-99% Pb & 1% Sb

RWS and Daisy Premium-100% Pb

Boolit Master
    I don't believe the results would be much diff. with the premium pellets from europe, such as JSB or H&N.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I have always treated them all as pure Pb. I shoot several different brands.

Guess I was perrrrdy close! I know they could not be that hard, as the skirts have to expand to form the seal with not a whole lot of pressure or volume. My German match grade rifle has a muzzle velocity well over a 22LR.

Nice to know!

banger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Chambers View Post
    I don't believe the results would be much diff. with the premium pellets from europe, such as JSB or H&N.
    Those 2 companies provide about all the commercially available pellets around the world.

Boolit Grand Master

I expected them to be close to pure, thanks for posting the results.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    I have always treated them all as pure Pb. I shoot several different brands.

Guess I was perrrrdy close! I know they could not be that hard, as the skirts have to expand to form the seal with not a whole lot of pressure or volume. My German match grade rifle has a muzzle velocity well over a 22LR.

Nice to know!

banger
    All the Match pellet rifles I know of keep the pellet subsonic... once you hit about 800 (low transonic) the wadcutters start suffering accuracy problems...

The ten meter rifles tend to keep the velocity below 600 fps... my 10 meter air rifle is a 1985 Daisy U.S. Shooting Team 953..

So I am very curious what Match air rifle you have..? I feel the need to learn or maybe help you learn because you might be misinformed..?

I also have two Benji Marauder .25 at about 50 fpe... and a BSA Buccaneer .177 along with a host of modded mutli-pumps...

Am working on one of the Marauders to send cast .22 and .25 out at about 70 fpe among the barrels I am going to be using are a Beretta Hakim .22lr and a Shultz and Larson M34 .22lr...

A small bunch of folks are trying to get things moving forwards to get more states to allow air rifle hunting and get molds and Boolits out there... Could think of it as nearly equivalent to subsonic black powder... .22 up to .50... 30-40 fpe up to 300+ and a few higher than that..

Point is they all have one thing in common they keep things subsonic for many reasons and that is with bullets... with most best accuracy comes at about 950 fps some do well up at 1050 fps tho...