Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: British Smallbore Rifles.

Boolit Mold
    Do any of you Brits have small parts for the BSA International? I want all spares and repairs....that you can spare. I am new to this forum, but I think you can P.M. me as I am not on any or all forums at any given time.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    I think you've hit the nail on the head there. After a hundred years of development I think the .22lr reached it's accuracy peak about thirty years ago. If there has been any significant accuracy improvements I feel this is more to do with the use of barrel tuners etc.

I think if you were to shoot a good BSA International from a fixed rest at 100 yards with batch tested Tenex made 30 years ago and current manufacture, there would be very little difference. (Apart from the price)
    A buddy and I were discussing the merits of the more entry-level Anschutz 63, the Winchester 52, and the BSA match guns, and we pretty much concluded that once you find the ammo that any such rifle likes, the only real advantage to the more modern rifles is probably the ability to adjust the stock to better fit the shooter and the body position. Given that you're launching a tiny, slow, wind-prone bullet from a case that gets crushed off-center by the firing pin, one has to wonder just how much farther "up" we can take the platform.
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Thumbs up

I just bought this take down sporter by W.W. Greener from an old shooting friend of mine a little while ago. I've had several baby Martini rifles over the years since they are relatively common up here in Canada, but I've never seen one with a windage adjustable rear barrel sight like this one. It is nicely checkered, lightly border engraved on the action, has a Beeches style front sight with a post and globe, a target tang sight, and a bakelite pistol grip adaptor. Going to shoot it for the first time tomorrow actually ...

I may have passed my "Best Before" date, but I haven't reached my "Expiry" date!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad *** Wallace View Post
    Are these British smallbore rifles common in the USA. I managed to buy this left handed International Mk 2 complete with target sight which is a mirrored reverse of a RH one!

20 shots over a bench at 50m on an air pistol target!

I have never seen a rifle that look like this one in the USA.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Al View Post
    I just bought this take down sporter by W.W. Greener from an old shooting friend of mine a little while ago. I've had several baby Martini rifles over the years since they are relatively common up here in Canada, but I've never seen one with a windage adjustable rear barrel sight like this one. It is nicely checkered, lightly border engraved on the action, has a Beeches style front sight with a post and globe, a target tang sight, and a bakelite pistol grip adaptor. Going to shoot it for the first time tomorrow actually ...

Dang I like it when I see rifles made back when companies and men cared about building fine things. I wish someone could explain how with all the advances in computers and machining and precision factories are only building ugly **** with plastic stocks, ugh!

100 years from now people will say , stay away from the 100 year old guns, get a 200 year old one, they are way better.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Master
    The Modern, Holding company owned, Manufacturers all seem to be 'under the thumbs' of low Imagination Accountants and Lawyers who demand Lowest Possible manufacturing costs for the Highest Rate of production possible. Fit, Trim, and Finish All add to Costs. And the accountants want the Maximum Financial return in the shortest time frame possible, **** the future.

A few family owned Custom Build Shops still exist that can produce beautiful work but it is NOT cheap and does take Time!

Chev. William

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by If1Hitu View Post
    I have never seen a rifle that look like this one in the USA.
    Freeland imported them decades ago, was the main importer for them at the time. Very nice rifles.

In later years some model 12/15's were brought in, another very nice rifle. I got one back then, lighter barrel, with Parker Hale sights. Wish I could get some post front sight inserts for it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 30calflash View Post
    Freeland imported them decades ago, was the main importer for them at the time. Very nice rifles.

In later years some model 12/15's were brought in, another very nice rifle. I got one back then, lighter barrel, with Parker Hale sights. Wish I could get some post front sight inserts for it.
    Keep your eyes on eBay. They come up there fairly regularly. The post inserts are not so common but they are about. What size front sight do you have? I might have a spare.

Boolit Master
    Sorry for the late reply UKS, and thanks for the offer. Been looking for posts for a while off and on. Let me poke aorund some before I check in with you.

30CF.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123