Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: Double set triggers for CVA Varmint Rifle

Double set triggers for CVA Varmint Rifle

I bought a CVA 32 Calibler Varmint Rifle on gunbroker, it is in amazing shape. It has a single trigger, I sorta wanted a set trigger. I found one at Deer Creek Products but can't get info on whether it will be a drop in or what it takes to install it. I have tinkered with lots of guns but never one of these. Can anyone give me advice on whether to try this or how to do it. Does it use the same lock and trigger guard as the one I have on it now.

Thanks.
    WE DONT RENT PIGS!!!

Boolit Master
    Generally speaking, any lock can be used with a double trigger, if the tumbler is fitted with a fly or if it has no half cock notch, but the stock inletting is greater for the double, because it needs more room inside. The double trigger also needs a longer trigger guard and typically uses a longer trigger plate. That being said, I don't know whether that model uses a trigger gurad large enough for two triggers without crowding out your finger or making it unsafe.

Personally, I believe that the skills typically required to inlet for a new trigger plate and for the double trigger might be better spent on sweetening up your single trigger. If you have the skills to do one, you can do the other.

If you really want to know about this stuff, order one of the excellent books on rifle building available at Track of The Wolf. Otherwise I'd think of calling CVA and ask if they ever offered a double set trigger for that one.

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into one of those books, I like the idea of lightening the trigger I have now. Thanks again.
    WE DONT RENT PIGS!!!