WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication

Thread: Fit to be tied

Banned

Fit to be tied

Neighbor went to the flea market and bought a W 94 in pristine condition for less then $400. No blue wear at all and in like new condition.
    I understand the guy has many of them so I will go with the neighbor Sat. Don't know where I will get any money though.

Boolit Grand Master

I understand that's the going price in some parts of the country for a post-64. I'm not in one of those parts of the country. Saw a 70-80% AE 94 a few weeks ago for about that price. Not too sure about the flea market venue, tho.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    That's about what they bring around here, in well used condition mind you. Seem like lever guns are not to common on the used racks anymore?

Moderator Emeritus

Lever .30/30's used to be cheap here, probably averaging $200-250 on avg., but boy is that changing!!!

Boolit Master
    I just sold a nice 94AE earlier this summer. $300 was all I could get after about a month of it being for sale.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

In Remembrance
    The sad part is I have bought lots of them and turned down truckloads of 94's and 336's in the 100 to 150 range. Those days are gone forever though.

Boolit Master
    Back in the 80's and 90's you could get all the lever action 336's and 94's you wanted for $135 in my area. Ok Pre 64's went for more. Now that Winchester isn't making them (aside from the moriku) and Remington managed to sully the Marlin brand the oldies like the JM marked Marlins and Winchester 94's prices have really taken off. Last Marlin I bought was an almost pristine 336as that was probably made for walmart set me back $300. And with the exception of the 94 Big Bore in 375 win that is the most I have ever paid for a lever action. Even beater 336's and 94's command good money nowadays. Frank

Boolit Grand Master

Twenty years ago I bought several 95% or better post-64 94's for $200-250. Still have most of them, (gave one to my brother) wish I'd bought more. I'm into a bit older Winchesters these days; a bit different price range but quite often a very good investment.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    In 1967 when I was in the Army, I made my first trip to Seattle. The walls of pawn shops in the wharf area were lined with used levers - hundreds of 'em - the kinds with stories to tell.

Thank God for John Wayne and Jimmy Stewart movies and all the other good old westerns. It's all we have left.

Boolit Master
    I remember my dad buying a few Marlins in pawnshop when I was younger for $100 out the door! My dad was a carpenter, and lived on a very tight budget, he could never keep the same rifle each year, he'd lose them back to the pawnshop by March, but he'd scrape up enough dough to buy one again come late September for deer season. It was a visious cycle, and I told myself I'll never pawn a gun, I'd just as soon sell one if I need money.

Boolit Buddy
    Camp Hanson px about 1964, bought a Winchester 101 for $143, a Ruger carbine for $64, Winchester 94's were $56 and one I regret not buying, Browning Supperposed for $180 something. I have purchased from Century Arms Mauser 98's, 5 for about $140 shipped, P14's, 5 for $120 something. Mail order through NRA m1 carbine for $30 something, should have bought a truck load but money was hard to come by, starting a family and all, like say, gone forever