Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gas check price question????

Boolit Master
    I am so glad I bought my FreeChex Tools a while back, so unless the price roof flashing goes out of sight or I live for another 68 years I am set.

Boolit Master

Those prices look very good to me, especially with free shipping. I think I know where to go when I need more!

I won't be needing any .30 cal checks for a very long time. I happened across 2 boxes of Ideal checks at a gun show, the OLD square boxes from way back. $10 total for 2k .30 cal checks was something I couldn't pass up.

Boolit Master

You might want to check http://www.thegascheckstore.com . Good gas checks, good prices and you always get more than your order
    Gun Control means hitting what you aim at!

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    Life Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the Disabled American Veterans Association

Boolit Mold
    I used to work in a gun shop and was told that all the gas checks (in 1990) were made by Hornady. They then sold them to lyman who then had to charge higher prices to make a profit. Now there are lots of checks out there and they all seem to work great. On pistol stuff you really don't need them, even if the bullet is made to accept them.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have no luck at all with cast bullets that are designed to accept a gas check UNLESS I install a gas check.

If you don't want to buy and use gas checks, get a mold that makes a plain base bullet.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hikerhunter View Post
    I used to work in a gun shop and was told that all the gas checks (in 1990) were made by Hornady. They then sold them to lyman who then had to charge higher prices to make a profit. Now there are lots of checks out there and they all seem to work great. On pistol stuff you really don't need them, even if the bullet is made to accept them.
    I would agree that handgun bullets do not need a gas check other than you are left with a base that is far from perfect without the check. Since a bullet is steared from the base accuracy has to suffer.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by wind power View Post
    This is Free shipping within the US
    If for some reason you dont like them, just return and I will gladly refund your money.
    www.bulletgaschecks.com

.30 cal Aluminum, 16.50 Copper, 22.00
    8mm/.32 Aluminum 20.00, Copper 23.00
    .35/.357/.38 Aluminum 19.00 Copper 24.00
    7mm Aluminum 19.00, Copper 22.00
    6.5mm Aluminum 18.00, Copper 19.50
    25 cal. Aluminum 18.00 Copper 19.50
    6mm Aluminum 16.00 Copper 17.00
    .22 Aluminum 14.00 Copper 18.00
    .44 Aluminum 19.00
    .45 Aluminum 24.00

Per 500 Gas Checks:
    .44 Copper 19.00
    .45 Copper 19.00

All the best!
    Gavin
    Hi Gavin, I am interested in buying 5000 .30 cal copper checks if you can export them to New Zealand, I have cleaned out the local suppliers and NOE and Blammer are out I use about 15000 a year,
    Regards
    Robert Walker

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    £35 a 1000 here
    Yeah they are getting up to a round that price here, Just as well I have an account with the Hornady importer and get them wholesale trouble is I use them faster than he can get them in, usually get them from Blammer and NOE trying a couple of other sources as some times they are out of stock,
    Do you have any trouble importing them into the UK?

I only use 30 & 35 cal. checks,the most I ever paid for Hornady checks was around $28 for 1K 30 cal. but they were in short supply an already at the store so no shipping charges to pay other than the markup at the store for the guy to make a little profit,I did get a couple thousand a few years back off the by and sell section for $20 plus shipping couldn't pass that up. I've tried aluminium checks but I prefer copper as they are pretty much fool proof an never had a problem with them staying on.

These days and for the past several years I've been pretty much a Gator check fan in fact all my 35 cal. checks have always been Gator. I've spread my money around and have bought for Blammer,Sage,NOE,etc. It really just depends on who has them in stock when I get close to needing some as I like to keep a couple thousand on hand at all times or if I'm ordering something else off the vendors site as well. On a limited budget I have to make the best deal I can.

Everyone I have bought checks from on here have been easy to deal with and provided good service at a fair price so no matter who you pick to supply your checks you want go wrong.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123